Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
JaybobHoosier

Top IU Starting Five Since You Remember Watching IU Basketball

PG: Eric Gordon
SG: Steve Alford
SF : Calbert Cheaney
PF: Alan Henderson
C: Cody Zeller

Bench
Yogi Ferrell
Victor Oladipo
DJ White
Greg Graham
Jared Jeffries
Jay Edwards
Jeff Newton
AJ Guyton

Sorry long list but all deserve to be on it
So does
Brian Evans
Damon Bailey
AJ Moye
Kirk Haston

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I can't believe not very many pick Alford such pure shooter and leader

Maybe those who didn't pick him all started watching after '87? I started in '92, so here goes:

PG - Bailey

SG - Gordon

SF - Cheaney

PF - Henderson

C - Zeller

Bench

Haris Mujezenovic

Andrae Patterson

Donald Perry

Sherron Wilkerson

Josh Smith (he's always part of the IU family, right?)

Ok, maybe I was kidding with one of those two groups. I'll let everyone else judge for themselves.  :biggrin:

WOW.

I'm in at post #25 and am only the second person to put Isiah freakin' Thomas in the all-time starting five?!?!?!

Are there only two on here who were watching in 1981? Him and Calbert are the two most dominant players that I have seen suit up for IU.

Isiah
Alford
Vic
Mike Woodson
Calbert Cheaney

WOW.

I'm in at post #25 and am only the second person to put Isiah freakin' Thomas in the all-time starting five?!?!?!

I'm are there only two on here who were watching in 1981? Him and Calbert are the two most dominant players that I have seen suit up for IU.

Isiah

Alford

Vic

Mike Woodson

Calbert Cheaney

Many posters here may not be old enough to have seen Thomas, which would explain that.

This might be the greatest thread of all-time!

Alford
Oladipo
Chaeney
Henderson
Zeller

Bench:
Eric Anderson
DJ White
Damon Bailey
Greg Graham
Jay Edwards
Tom Coverdale
Brian Evans
Eric Gordon

That was really hard, I could keep going with the bench.

I only start top tier threads BGleas, you should expect this by now ;) lol

George McGinnis - unstoppable in the paint
Ray Tolbert - one of the best PF at IU alltime (who actually got to play the 4 rather than the 5)
Calbert Cheaney - the best...period
Isiah Thomas - best point guard to wear the candies
Steve Alford - best pure shooter, and not a bad defender (which is often overlooked)

6th man - Victor Oladipo - how can anyone leave Vic out of this discussion

Rest of bench - endless, too many to consider

Sent from my GT-P5113 using BtownBanners mobile app

Micheal lewis. Or. Yogi
Steve Alford
Jay Edwards
Calbert cheaney
Alan Henderson

Bench

A.j moye
Damon bailey
Aj guyton
Brian Evans
V.O
Cody Z. Changed the program around in only 2 years Thank you Cody for coming to Indiana

This team might give up some points inside but we will out score everyone
After last year I just want to see people come off a screen and hit a jump shot

Some of you guys are really showing your..."experience" in this thread. :) Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

"I refuse to exploit my opponent's youth and inexperience." -- Pres. Ronald Reagan

Come on fellas, serious lack of Hulls.

Hulls yes!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I don't have Hulls in my starting 5 or 5 man bench either.  I love Hulls, and I've always said he was undervalued, but it was hard for me to put him over some of the ones I chose.

Starting 5 Damon Bailey Calbert Cheaney Brian Evans Alan Henderson Jared Jefferies Bench DJ White Victor Gordon Jeff Newton AJ Guyton Michael Lewis (haven't seen mentioned yet) also, still all time assists leader?? Greg Graham My honorable mention Earl Calloway(really liked his game even though he wasn't awesome) Matt Nover Rod Wilmont Dane Fife (just tough) AJ Moye (boozer block, never forget) Kirk Haston Yogi Zeller James Hardy (lol, kidding) Sorry so long but I could go on... Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

[quote name="yogisballin" post="67101" timestamp="1400471633"]Starting 5Damon BaileyCalbert CheaneyBrian EvansAlan HendersonJared JefferiesBenchDJ WhiteVictorGordonJeff Newton AJ GuytonMichael Lewis (haven't seen mentioned yet) also, still all time assists leader??Greg GrahamMy honorable mentionEarl Calloway(really liked his game even though he wasn't awesome)Matt NoverRod WilmontDane Fife (just tough)AJ Moye (boozer block, never forget)Kirk HastonYogiZellerJames Hardy (lol, kidding)Sorry so long but I could go
on...Sent from my iPhone using
BtownBanners[/quote]

I forgot Eric Anderson and To Coverdale

[quote name="yogisballin" post="67101" timestamp="1400471633"]Starting 5Damon BaileyCalbert CheaneyBrian EvansAlan HendersonJared JefferiesBenchDJ WhiteVictorGordonJeff Newton AJ GuytonMichael Lewis (haven't seen mentioned yet) also, still all time assists leader??Greg GrahamMy honorable mentionEarl Calloway(really liked his game even though he wasn't awesome)Matt NoverRod WilmontDane Fife (just tough)AJ Moye (boozer block, never forget)Kirk HastonYogiZellerJames Hardy (lol, kidding)Sorry so long but I could go on...Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote] Lewis was mentioned in the post above yours

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

Starting 5 Damon Bailey Calbert Cheaney Brian Evans Alan Henderson Jared Jefferies Bench DJ White Victor Gordon Jeff Newton AJ Guyton Michael Lewis (haven't seen mentioned yet) also, still all time assists leader?? Greg Graham My honorable mention Earl Calloway(really liked his game even though he wasn't awesome) Matt Nover Rod Wilmont Dane Fife (just tough) AJ Moye (boozer block, never forget) Kirk Haston Yogi Zeller James Hardy (lol, kidding) Sorry so long but I could go on... Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I had Lewis as my starting point guard, and I believe he still is.  The Indy Star database shows he is, and with everything that's happened to the program I'd say he still is even though that hasn't been updated since 2010.