Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
JSHoosier

(2015) SG Jalen Coleman to Illinois

We, as a fanbase, desperately need some good news. We have had an avalanche of bad news over the past year. JB2 recommitting is a highlight and ROJO but aside from that, a whole stinking plethora of bad news.

I did not think we would be back in this position for a long, long time after 2012 season. And boy, has it happened quickly. This season is incredibly important to our basketball future.

Some great news would be landing a killer assistant coach with strong ties to these Indiana players like Jalen Coleman (I'm bringing this thread back to Jalen).  Would be amazing news to have an assistant that knows these kid's coaches and gets all the best Indiana talent back to Indiana basketball.

Some great news would be landing a killer assistant coach with strong ties to these Indiana players like Jalen Coleman (I'm bringing this thread back to Jalen).  Would be amazing news to have an assistant that knows these kid's coaches and gets all the best Indiana talent back to Indiana basketball.

Correctomundo! Jalen has got to realize JBJ's tenure will be short and shoes will be there for the filling.

Maybe one good thing on our side is we were one of the first to offer I believe.. Don't qoute me on that.

Thanks cc for the positive thought. I know we can't get all the top players, in or out of state, but those are two guys I really hoped to see at IU. Appreciate the information as always, even going back to the the old Scout forum days where I was a lurker. LOL

Thanks cc for the positive thought. I know we can't get all the top players, in or out of state, but those are two guys I really hoped to see at IU. Appreciate the information as always, even going back to the the old Scout forum days where I was a lurker. LOL

No problem. Glad you enjoy.

Disappointing to potentially lose him as we did Bluiett.

I've said it before I'll say it again, we should've gone hard after him when he decommitted from UCLA but we really didn't even make an attempt.  He's not the most athletic but he's one heck of a scorer.  I'll take the 'basketball player' over the 'athlete' every day of the week.

Back to topic on hand though, Coleman should be priority numero uno in that class.  He's the type of kid we CANNOT let get out of state, IDGAF if some kid from the DMV can jump higher.

My 2015 wish list ( I want 1 guard, 2 Bigs (3,4,5))

Guards

1. Allonzo Trier
2. Jalen Coleman
3. Shake Milton
4. Jimmy Whitt
5. Donovan Mitchell
6. Kenny Williams
7. KJ Walton
8. Bryant Crawford
9. Turner
10. Austin Conway
Runners up Hyron Edwards, Davon Dillard, Marcus Lovett

Forwards

1. Stephen Zimmerman
2. Thon Maker reclassed
3. Caleb Swanigan
4. Henry Ellenson
5. Ray Spalding
6. Juwan Morgan
7. Esa Ahmad
8. Alex Illikainen
9. Josh Sharma
10. Derrik Smits

I've said it before I'll say it again, we should've gone hard after him when he decommitted from UCLA but we really didn't even make an attempt.  He's not the most athletic but he's one heck of a scorer.  I'll take the 'basketball player' over the 'athlete' every day of the week.

Back to topic on hand though, Coleman should be priority numero uno in that class.  He's the type of kid we CANNOT let get out of state, IDGAF if some kid from the DMV can jump higher.

No doubt. Hope we can get him. IMHO winning cures a lot of ills. 17-15 is not going to cut it at IU. I believe if you win, they will come.

[quote name="ccgeneral" post="72174" timestamp="1403891778"][size=4]Kyle Bogenschutz[/size][size=4]‏@KyleBogie[/size]
.@BSnowScout just got off phone w/ 2015 4-star SG Jalen Coleman, his top 6/no order: Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Notre Dame, UNLV, NC State[/quote] Crazy how UNLV keeps sneaking into these recruiting battles. How? They've done nothing except send a complete bust to the lottery.

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

Kyle Bogenschutz‏@KyleBogie
.@BSnowScout just got off phone w/ 2015 4-star SG Jalen Coleman, his top 6/no order: Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Notre Dame, UNLV, NC State

So in reality, it's Michigan, Indiana, and Illinois remaining, in that current order of preference.

I'm guessing the Boilers don't get him! ;)

I think that "minutes available" is a big determining factor with any ready-to-play/top 30 ranked guard looking at IU for 2015. 

At least one year behind four other guards is tough to swallow for a top 50 recruit that wants to be an immediate rotation player. Of course, that changes if Yogi leaves after three years (not all that likely) or JB2 is a one and done (not likely, but possible). 

If you get into a top 100 guard recruit (ala Shake) or a three star (ala Austin Conway) I think that the recruit's freshman year playing expectations are notably different.