Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

(2015) SG Kenny Williams to UNC

What are some of the schools that are recruiting you the hardest right now?  “Georgetown, VCU, UNC, Michigan and Indiana, those are the hardest.”

Indiana is a school that has shown interest in you, offering you a scholarship. How often are they in touch with you? “They’ve been in touch pretty much every week, really on a weekly basis.”

What does the interest from the Hoosiers mean to you? Have you thought about taking a visit to Bloomington?

“It means a lot. They just have so much tradition and so many good players coming out, so the fact that they see something in me, it means a lot. And I’ve had some thought about it, but because I’m so far it’s hard to take visits.”

I hope that distance from home isn't an issue with this kid.  He's a solid player!   
ESPN database shows him as a Shooting Guard, but in the interview he mentioned a Nike Point Guard Camp.  Which is he (or will be at college level)?

[quote name="Bowhunter" post="76853" timestamp="1407442516"]Another thanks for offering, but I am going to commit to.......[/quote]yeah, I think we have a shot here, but I don't think he is a high priority for our staff. The Boo Williams connection is solid which keeps up alive. The game I saw Kenny in was a so so game. Played off ball, missed a lot of shots. Definitely a talent though and supposedly a good shooter. I'd rather have Shake, I think????? crystal ball is heavy to UNC as the Home and recent offer.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

My point (inarticulately made) is that we have no idea who we will currently get for 2015, and how we will stand when it's all said and done. I'm guessing that if we get off to a reasonably strong start this year, we will do quite well. 

OSU currently has 4 top 100 recruits, all of whom are between #35 and 80. Who is to say, given the list of players we are pursuing, that we can't get into the same general range with the three 2015's we take? 

I'm not looking at this issue as a zero-sum, "who will win the star rating contest" analysis. I see it more as "will we get enough talent each year to be a B1G title/tourney contender".