Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

A poster in the ITH article said...

"Anyway, the cynic in me is thinking: I wonder which major program will be hiring Edward Smith in the somewhat near future?"

I didn't think about that, but Thon and Matur could follow their guardian if he were to land a spot somewhere.

[quote name="Scohutch" post="67435" timestamp="1400697470"]A poster in the ITH article said...
"[color=rgb(63,69,73)][font='Helvetica Neue'][size=4]Anyway, the cynic in me is thinking: I wonder which major program will be hiring Edward Smith in the somewhat near future?"[/size][/font][/color]
[color=rgb(63,69,73)][font='Helvetica Neue'][size=4]I didn't think about that, but Thon and Matur could follow their guardian if he were to land a spot somewhere.[/size][/font][/color][/quote]

That would make sense

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

[quote name="sirhoosierlot" post="67442" timestamp="1400700049"]Would I be crazy to think that the coaches should use our soccer program as a recruiting tool?[/quote]

How exactly? He couldn't play both.

How exactly? He couldn't play both.

Apparently both Thon and Matur grew up in a soccer focused(?) family.  Then someone was like, "hey they're tall and athletic, they would be perfect for basketball!"      ... and they both are

[quote name="Scohutch" post="67444" timestamp="1400701811"]Apparently both Thon and Matur grew up in a soccer focused(?) family. Then someone was like, "hey they're tall and athletic, they would be perfect for basketball!" ... and they both are[/quote]

Yeah I knew that part. There's a great SI article about Thon released not too long ago. I just don't know how we could use soccer as a recruiting tool if he couldn't play while he was on campus.

I mean, I don't play basketball professionally or anything but still Indiana was a draw for me because of their basketball program.  If Thon and Matur are big soccer fans, why not let them know that Indiana has one of the nations premier soccer teams that they can watch and enjoy in their off time?  They've won the 2nd most championships in the nation at 8, i'd say if you loved soccer, Indiana would be the place to watch some games.

But Hovadipo, you're right.  They aren't going to make a decision based off soccer, but it's an interesting point and could make IU just that much sweeter to the young fellas.

Yeah I see what you're saying. Soccer here could be a bit of a pitch to them, an added benefit. I just highly doubt that we will win or lose either Maker because of soccer.

If either decided to come to Indiana based largely on the soccer program, I would be confused. haha. 

but could you imagine a couple of 7 footers running around the soccer field? Talk about easy headers, they could just slang it in front of the net and the Maker bros would get it, every single time.

Good to hear from Fran.

@franfraschilla: Did hear @adidasEuroCamp that Indiana Hoosiers have done nice job with Maker brothers and De'Ron Davis.

https://twitter.com/franfraschilla/status/476874382975840256

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.