Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
NotTheReal HoosierHoopster

OT: UK recruiting strategy - Join us or we are through with you.

To be honest, after the tournament run and the Calipari Lakers rumor, I'm so done talking about UK. Literally do not care about them whatsoever. I pity people have to actually live in that state but that's about the extent of my caring about what they do down there

With a roster like crispy Calimari has, if the wildcats get upset in any way at all, the blame will fall on cal.

Also, i wonder to the extent in which a team so packed with talented players could be a detriment to itself.  Yeah, i know, it sounds stupid.. but does anyone think that by sharing so much playing time, it could adversely affect how much the players develop throughout the year?

a counter argument would be that their practices would be elite! and they can develop in those more than most teams could.  the best playing against the best.

I thought the same thing about having too much talent....after all there is only 1 ball to go around. As long as Cal stays there, they will have no problem with the ncaa. Its after he leaves that they will start having problems. For some reason. wink wink, he never knows any of the wrongdoing of his past schools. I personally can't wait for him to be gone!

This next year's class for them just seems too good... why would all these great players want to share the spotlight and give up minutes when they could shine so bright just about anywhere else (most schools would die to have just 1 mcdaa).   

I'm looking into my crystal ball and seeing Calimari leave, then sanctions galore.

oh what a dream.

With a roster like crispy Calimari has, if the wildcats get upset in any way at all, the blame will fall on cal.

Also, i wonder to the extent in which a team so packed with talented players could be a detriment to itself. Yeah, i know, it sounds stupid.. but does anyone think that by sharing so much playing time, it could adversely affect how much the players develop throughout the year?

a counter argument would be that their practices would be elite! and they can develop in those more than most teams could. the best playing against the best.

What's amazing is that Calipari being hired was a UK fan grass root movement. literally started by fans creating online petitions and Facebook groups to 'Bring Calipari to Kentucky'' and it worked. UK listened to the fans demands and got their man. Kind of like Saban and Alabama.

I wonder if Indiana would do the same for us if we could ever be that unified and organized?

What's amazing is that Calipari being hired was a UK fan grass root movement. literally started by fans creating online petitions and Facebook groups to 'Bring Calipari to Kentucky'' and it worked. UK listened to the fans demands and got their man. Kind of like Saban and Alabama.

I wonder if Indiana would do the same for us if we could ever be that unified and organized?

That is amazing! With your huge IU fan site you have and your hate for Crean I just don't understand why you don't use your awesome power to get this ball rolling? What's up with that?

I'll tell you what. You get this up on your huge fan site you have and I'll be the first to sign on to it!  Only one little problem, you'll have to tell me where this secret place is first.

Calipari being hired was NOT a grassroots fan movement.  He was coming off a national title game appearance at Memphis and was a perfect fit for them.  He would've been the coach even if no fan ever made a petition or Facebook group.

[quote name="TheStillman" post="64490" timestamp="1398893287"]Calipari being hired was NOT a grassroots fan movement. He was coming off a national title game appearance at Memphis and was a perfect fit for them. He would've been the coach even if no fan ever made a petition or Facebook group.[/quote]Do Kentucky fans even know what a petition is? "Is that there petition wrap your junk when you have sex with your sister?"

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

This next year's class for them just seems too good... why would all these great players want to share the spotlight and give up minutes when they could shine so bright just about anywhere else (most schools would die to have just 1 mcdaa).   

I'm looking into my crystal ball and seeing Calimari leave, then sanctions galore.

oh what a dream.

I don't see it effecting them much, maybe at first but I could really see them hitting on all cylinders going into March.  Cal is very good at managing all those egos.

Calipari usually plays about 8 guys. The worst thing he could do is be like Crean and try to play everyone. That could make it hard for them to develop a good chemistry. 

They're going to have at least 4 Burger Boys rarely getting any playing time. I can't imagine going there for the sole purpose of expecting to be a one and done and being ok with someone else getting your minutes, which is why I'm convinced other factors are influencing all these kids to go there. 

This thread is garbage. Guess eventually everyone shows their true colors, mine are cream & crimson therefore I will no longer involved in this discussion.

Sent from my iphone 9 using BtownBanners

You never were involved. This was your first post in this thread.

This thread is not garbage . It's info on how our hated rival is now recruiting - join us or be steamrolled by us.