Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

(2016) SG Josh Langford to MSU

‏@AllMetroDrew: Prior to the offer, 2016 5* G Josh Langford had not had any contact with Indiana. His father called the offer, "a pleasant surprise." #iubb

Odd way of doing things for Crean IMO. I like how oher programs reserve their offers thus giving them more weight. We fire them out like crazy. When we were recruiting so well, i noticed it but it didnt irk me. Now that we are in the recruiting slums it bothers me more.

Odd way of doing things for Crean IMO. I like how oher programs reserve their offers thus giving them more weight. We fire them out like crazy. When we were recruiting so well, i noticed it but it didnt irk me. Now that we are in the recruiting slums it bothers me more.

Get to know the kid and family first then offer if the player is everything you'd hope for. That will help Crean establish better on/off court chemistry IMO.

[quote name="WayneHoosier" post="64407" timestamp="1398878581"]Odd way of doing things for Crean IMO. I like how oher programs reserve their offers thus giving them more weight. We fire them out like crazy. When we were recruiting so well, i noticed it but it didnt irk me. Now that we are in the recruiting slums it bothers me more.[/quote]

I also think it wastes our staff's time. I think recruits (even if not interested in Indiana at all) will show interest to get the offer since we hand them out like candy on Halloween. I know if I was good, id want as many offers as I could get. Would be good to constantly remind the grand kids when they get 1-2 offers. Grandpa got 73!

[quote name="ccgeneral" post="64507" timestamp="1398897972"]Exactly. Sounds like Adam was jabbing at someone and had a botched attempt?[/quote]
Honestly wondering if they are talking about Biggie Swanigan. That had some people talking about him disputing his UK offer up here.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Honestly wondering if they are talking about Biggie Swanigan. That had some people talking about him disputing his UK offer up here.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

idk, but the one that reported that isn't a coach.

idk, but the one that reported that isn't a coach.

Yeah, it sounded around Fort Wayne like that kind of ruined his moment with a UK offer.  A lot of people said he wasn't too happy with it at all.  Hard to boast with it out there .  

[font='Helvetica Neue']<br />Jordan Littman@JordanLittman 11m[/font][font='Helvetica Neue']<br />New on ITH: Five-star guard Josh Langford talks Indiana offer http://ift.tt/1kuowlj #iubb[/font]

I don't want to get in an argument or turn this into a Crean thread... BUT, this kid just said Crean will be a "hall of fame coach." Is he delusional?

I don't want to get in an argument or turn this into a Crean thread... BUT, this kid just said Crean will be a "hall of fame coach." Is he delusional?

No, he is a Sophmore and IU is a name school.  He was doing an interview with an IU reporter.  I am sure at this point every coach that talks to him is jaw dropping.  

[quote name="djsalway" post="64870" timestamp="1398997165"]I don't want to get in an argument or turn this into a Crean thread... BUT, this kid just said Crean will be a "hall of fame coach." Is he delusional?[/quote]

I graduated with Josh McRoberts who went on to play at Duke. It really didn't matter what head coach came to see him, the whole school (4,500+ kids) all knew the coaches were there and it was a big deal. From what I learned w/ Josh, it's a very humbling experience when these coaches making 1-3 million dollars are coming to catch you in between classes at your school.

Add to that you are never going to say anything bad about a coach leads him to saying that.

I graduated with Josh McRoberts who went on to play at Duke. It really didn't matter what head coach came to see him, the whole school (4,500+ kids) all knew the coaches were there and it was a big deal. From what I learned w/ Josh, it's a very humbling experience when these coaches making 1-3 million dollars are coming to catch you in between classes at your school.

Add to that you are never going to say anything bad about a coach leads him to saying that.

Yeah, but there are few different adjectives he could've used that would've been enough of an exaggeration on their own without calling him a Hall of Fame coach.

Speaking of players I never thought I would see in the NBA for some reason I always thought he wasn't that good or could it be because I didn't like him because he went to Duke I think that may have been it.