Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
IU Hoosier41

Source: 6'7" Nate Ritchie to join Hoosiers

Time for some big time sites & writers to eat some tasty crow!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

But, but, but...IU Hoosier 41 doesn't know what he's talking about! He's just guessing that a player who no one knew was interested in walking on at IU was a done deal!

;)

[quote name="Stuhoo" post="72673" timestamp="1404225278"]But, but, but...IU Hoosier 41 doesn't know what he's talking about! He's just guessing that a player who no one knew was interested in walking on at IU was a done deal!

;)[/quote]

Gotta love the interwebz

I agree, just based on the 1 or 2 videos i've seen plus just pictures of the guy, he looks a lot more athletic.  His shooting stats in highschool seem to show he's a pretty good shot also.  that FT% doh!

@Justin_Albers: Nate Ritchie turned down scholarship offers from Air Force and Toledo to walk on at Indiana. That’s special stuff. #iubb That's what I like to see. Good job, Crean and Co. Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

[quote name="jurkinonthecourt" post="72698" timestamp="1404233927"]@Justin_Albers: Nate Ritchie turned down scholarship offers from Air Force and Toledo to walk on at Indiana. That’s special stuff. #iubbThat's what I like to see. Good job, Crean and Co. Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.[/quote]

Don't believe those offers were what most think they are. Heard there was some prep school involved with those.

I am usually anti any walk-ons getting playing time, But I really like the athleticism Nate Ritchie brings. I think he was/is a great addition to our program.

He is 6'7", a slasher, good shooter, and dunker. How often do u snag a walk on like that?

To me, he is "like" our 13th scholarship player. I think he brings more to the table than some of our scholarship guys and that is rare for me when looking into walk-ons. I was never too fond of Johnny Marlin or Jeff Howard on the court. I will give Jeff Howard credit though because it's a cool story and he made the best of his abilities.

Ritchie APPEARS to have above average walk on abilities.

I am usually anti any walk-ons getting playing time, But I really like the athleticism Nate Ritchie brings. I think he was/is a great addition to our program.
He is 6'7", a slasher, good shooter, and dunker. How often do u snag a walk on like that?
To me, he is "like" our 13th scholarship player. I think he brings more to the table than some of our scholarship guys and that is rare for me when looking into walk-ons. I was never too fond of Johnny Marlin or Jeff Howard on the court. I will give Jeff Howard credit though because it's a cool story and he made the best of his abilities.
Ritchie APPEARS to have above average walk on abilities.

All that being said, he is still a walk-on and a Freshman, so my expectations are very tempered.