Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Hoosier_Cat_42

Tom Crean piss and moan thread with a little sunshine (lol)

<br /><br />Let's be honest. You can't spell, and you don't know a damn thing about what you're talking about. Now, that said, IU offers stellar education whereby you can rectify problem #1, and unless your last name becomes Glass, you'll never know what "has" to happen next season, therefore, problem #2 only exists in your mind, and doesn't concern you one bit in the least.<br /><br />My only question for you at this point is this. Who have you spoken with in the "basketball world" that you can definitively say thinks coach can't win with this group? Then, I'd probably have to ask on whose authority do you speak that these two recruits won't help out anyway?<br /><br />I mean, did it come to you in a dream? Were you intoxicated, or otherwise mentally incapacitated when you arrived at these many conclusions? I'm really curious to know what your state of mind was, and what bridge were you standing upon when you decided to make these oh so deep pronouncements?<br /><br />Frankly, I don't mind getting these 2-3 star players. We all know how chasing the rainbow has turned out for us with 4-5 star guys, so how about we just recruit some hard working guys who have flown under the radar? You know, the ones who might actually be inclined to stay a full 4 years? Novel thought, wouldn't you say? <br /><br />Nah, that thought never crossed your mind, though.<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

If the money wants him gone Glass won't have a choice but to make a move because he can't have the money drying up.

Under the radar guys?  A lot of these guys that are low or unranked 3*s or even 2*s aren't "under the radar", many just aren't that good.  Just because Crean found Vic and Will doesn't mean every one he goes after is under the radar.

If the money wants him gone Glass won't have a choice but to make a move because he can't have the money drying up.

Under the radar guys? A lot of these guys that are low or unranked 3*s or even 2*s aren't "under the radar", many just aren't that good. Just because Crean found Vic and Will doesn't mean every one he goes after is under the radar.

He doesn't understand that in the end, it isn't even Glass' decision. He doesn't know how it works.

He doesn't understand the diference between top 150 players like VO and solid three stars with commitable offers lfrom BCS schools like Sheehey and guys like April and Priller, who were unranked 2 stars at best. it's highly questionable if they had any other offers whatsoever other than Indiana at the time they committed. Any.

He doesn't understand that ESPN, the BTN, Rivals, Scout and 247 actually have guys who know what they are talking about with their projections and they have Indiana finishing 9th or 10th in the Big Ten next season. BTN just recently predicted 10th.

He doesn't have any idea what he is talking about. Just that he likes Crean and that he apparently enjoys being rude to those he disagrees with.

[quote name="Hoosier Hoopster" post="63329" timestamp="1398638474"]So does it really matter that April and Priller are in the fold now? They aren't going to help out next year anyway. Crean has what's left of last year's team and Blackmon and Johnson to win with. Most people in the basketball world don't think he can. So either he will be gone a year from now or pulled some minor miracle and will buy himself along with these two players another year to develope.[/quote]

^ Troll

Don't waste your time and energy responding to this clown.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

He doesn't understand that in the end, it isn't even Glass' decision. He doesn't know how it works.

He doesn't understand the diference between top 150 players like VO and solid three stars with commitable offers lfrom BCS schools like Sheehey and guys like April and Priller, who were unranked 2 stars at best. it's highly questionable if they had any other offers whatsoever other than Indiana at the time they committed. Any.

He doesn't understand that ESPN, the BTN, Rivals, Scout and 247 actually have guys who know what they are talking about with their projections and they have Indiana finishing 9th or 10th in the Big Ten next season. BTN just recently predicted 10th.

He doesn't have any idea what he is talking about. Just that he likes Crean and that he is rude.

Oh yeah, Just like Nebraska was predicted 10th in the exact same rankings last year. Turns out that they aren't all knowing.

Or the reverse! We were top 20 in a preseason ranking! How'd that turn out?

http://btn.com/2013/04/09/power-rankings-super-early-first-look-at-2013-14/
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9222871/an-updated-look-top-25-2013-14-season-ncaa-men-college-basketball

He doesn't have any idea what he is talking about. Just that he likes Crean and that he apparently enjoys being rude to those he disagrees with.

I don't know about any of that but I do know that you don't like Crean and you are rude, so there's that.

He doesn't have any idea what he is talking about. Just that he likes Crean and that he is rude.

Rankings aren't the be all end all, those recruiting experts do make mistakes.  The simply can't watch all those prospects enough to say who is the 58th best and who is the 120th, it's why some players like Vic and Will do fly under the radar although both did have decent offers aside from ours.  Generally speaking though, those unranked 2*s just aren't that good.

I don't get why pre-season predictions for next season are suppose to be some damning argument against him. I'd be disgusted with an AD if he made rash decisions on firing people and then went to the media to say their predictions for the next season where the reasons he chose to fire someone. 

Also, I do find it funny you keep crediting people who agree with your opinion as people who clearly get it. People who don't hold the same opinion as you can "get it" just as much as people who do

So does it really matter that April and Priller are in the fold now? They aren't going to help out next year anyway. Crean has what's left of last year's team and Blackmon and Johnson to win with. Most people in the basketball world don't think he can. So either he will be gone a year from now or pulled some minor miracle and will buy himself along with these two players another year to develope.

Definitely now has his feet to the fire! Can he/does he develop the bigs? Or, have they in the past come developed and only needed polishing?

Not too up on my palavering this evening - lot of editing necessary.

Brad Stevens. Crean not an Xs and Os coach. Buyout. Zone defense. Bob Knight.

There. Now we don't even have to post anything else.

Sent from my mind using BtownBanners

No Branch McCracken? Sure he is dead, but maybe we could resurrect him or something

I don't get why pre-season predictions for next season are suppose to be some damning argument against him. I'd be disgusted with an AD if he made rash decisions on firing people and then went to the media to say their predictions for the next season where the reasons he chose to fire someone.

Also, I do find it funny you keep crediting people who agree with your opinion as people who clearly get it. People who don't hold the same opinion as you can "get it" just as much as people who do

He wanted to know who didn't think he could win with next years group and I gave a list off the top of my head King.

I can't believe I wasted 3 minutes of my life reading this thread...but...at it least it was whilst on the toilet...

Now I have to wonder if I should look at what's in the bowl for another 3 minutes to balance out life...

He wanted to know who didn't think he could win with next years group and I gave a list off the top of my head King.

..... What? He (JS) mentioned Glass making decisions based on money (more specifically money drying up out of lack of support), and then made a comment on recruiting rankings being an inexact science, though 2 star recruits aren't usually diamonds in the rough. He didn't ask about anything what others thought we'd do next year in the post you quoted

You took it as an opportunity to go on one of your rants about Glass not having a clue

..... What? He (JS) mentioned Glass making decisions based on money (more specifically money drying up out of lack of support), and then made a comment on recruiting rankings being an inexact science, though 2 star recruits aren't usually diamonds in the rough. He didn't ask about anything what others thought we'd do next year in the post you quoted

You took it as an opportunity to go on one of your rants about Glass not having a clue

Sorry for the confusion. I quoted JS' post because I agreed with it and then decided to post recent predictions for our season next year in it because 84 wanted to know who thought Crean couldn't win next year.

I stand by my original post. Next year is make or break for Crean.

I can't believe I wasted 3 minutes of my life reading this thread...but...at it least it was whilst on the toilet...

Now I have to wonder if I should look at what's in the bowl for another 3 minutes to balance out life...

Truly pathetic! And, have you ever considered psychoanalysis? (Beware, this response might also be tongue-in-cheek)