Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Basketball4iU

Crash

I've finally figured out the crashing. We are working to correct it for the next version launch. Essentially the app right now can only handle so many requests at a time. With some of our threads being very long, it takes awhile to load everything. When 500 people are using the app and refreshing, that 501st person will crash.

All I can say is when you are writing a long response to something, every few sentences or paragraphs, copy all your words. That way if it does crash you don't have to start completely over. I also think it helps if you don't close out of the app and leave it running. I have mine crash probably 1-2 times a week and I'd say I'm on it quite a bit. I actually check this before Twitter and stuff now lol.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

[quote name="Basketball4iU" post="62504" timestamp="1398438325"]App crashing like crazy today

Sent from the gym using BtownBanners[/quote]

I would delete the app and download it again. Seems you are having more issues than most.

[quote name="IU Hoosier41" post="62514" timestamp="1398439840"]I've finally figured out the crashing. We are working to correct it for the next version launch. Essentially the app right now can only handle so many requests at a time. With some of our threads being very long, it takes awhile to load everything. When 500 people are using the app and refreshing, that 501st person will crash.

All I can say is when you are writing a long response to something, every few sentences or paragraphs, copy all your words. That way if it does crash you don't have to start completely over. I also think it helps if you don't close out of the app and leave it running. I have mine crash probably 1-2 times a week and I'd say I'm on it quite a bit. I actually check this before Twitter and stuff now lol.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote]

This has been added to apps that I refresh back out and refresh again seconds later

[quote name="IU Hoosier41" post="62515" timestamp="1398439891"]I would delete the app and download it again. Seems you are having more issues than most.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote]
I did and it hasn't happened ..I tried to message you earlier and it said you weren't taking messages as well

In the gym

[quote name="Basketball4iU" post="62549" timestamp="1398447172"]I did and it hasn't happened ..I tried to message you earlier and it said you weren't taking messages as well

In the gym[/quote]

Hmmm... Not sure why that is

Ditto. Just tried a new message, failed. Said user can't accept new messages, but replied to an old one, and I think it went through.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using BtownBanners mobile app.

[quote name="IU Hoosier41" post="63888" timestamp="1398743694"]Frustrating. I think we are experiencing more errors after the latest iOS software patch

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote] Or just unusually high level of gloom and doom after that Pacers game.

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

[quote name="scottybower" post="63891" timestamp="1398743751"]Or just unusually high level of gloom and doom after that Pacers game.

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.[/quote]

I think it's probably because people with over 100 posts STILL don't have a profile picture...