Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hwy 1

Yogi and Stan Arrested....

Yeah, I'm not going to judge him.  I drank underage, albeit not much, and I'm far from a saint.  My issue is less about drinking underage as it is trying to use a fake ID during Little 5, or at all really since everyone in Bloomington knows who they are and that they're not 21.  That's not even an indictment of Yogi's intelligence, I'm sure he's a bright guy I mean he got into IU after all, smart people can make dumb decisions and that's exactly what it was.

I just want Crean to hold them accountable, and have it consistent for all players regardless of who they are.

Yeah agreed.  Unfortunately, every action requires a reaction.  Mine did and I was a nobody.  I am sure his will be worse, but will make him better for it.  IMO, you have to hold higher standards for your leaders.  As a coach, I would probably have a more severe punishment than what Hanner got to prove a point.  I know it won't happen that way.  By the sounds of the last couple of Doc Libby posts, he is getting it double bad elsewhere too.  That is how kids learn from their mistakes though.  A mistake doesn't define a kid, it is how they bounce back.  

“These are the few ways we can practice humility:

To speak as little as possible of one's self.

To mind one's own business.

Not to want to manage other people's affairs.

To avoid curiosity.

To accept contradictions and correction cheerfully.

To pass over the mistakes of others.

To accept insults and injuries.

To accept being slighted, forgotten and disliked.

To be kind and gentle even under provocation.

Never to stand on one's dignity.

To choose always the hardest.” 
― Mother TeresaThe Joy in Loving: A Guide to Daily Living

Yeah agreed.  Unfortunately, every action requires a reaction.  Mine did and I was a nobody.  I am sure his will be worse, but will make him better for it.  IMO, you have to hold higher standards for your leaders.  As a coach, I would probably have a more severe punishment than what Hanner got to prove a point.  I know it won't happen that way.  By the sounds of the last couple of Doc Libby posts, he is getting it double bad elsewhere too.  That is how kids learn from their mistakes though.  A mistake doesn't define a kid, it is how they bounce back.  

Heck, I'm the last person to judge someone.  I've screwed up more than one person should be allowed too.

I'd either sit them for a game in Canada or have them work with the campus grounds crew.  Along with the essay I mentioned a couple times, just because this is Indiana so everyone in a 5 mile radius of Bloomington knows Stan's name isn't McLovin and that he wasn't born in 1981 (yes, that was the date on McLovin's ID).

I've been here....counting to 10 over and over and over for the last couple of days. Sigh

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I think your son is going to be a great leader for this team.  I've never really wavered on that and I think he will learn from this.

[quote name="JTreesh" post="63246" timestamp="1398615604"]Yogi will learn, if anything, he's just going to bring the heat even harder next season.

Yogi and Blackmon backcourt.. reminds me of boatright and napier.[/quote]

Love the avi

Yogi and Stan avoid the courthouse by getting lawyers...you can do that when your tuition costs nothingattachicon.gifImageUploadedByBtownBanners1398626618.248280.jpg

In the gym

I'd put money that a lot of those kid's parents would and could pay for lawyers for them. It's just not worth it, you're going to get a diverted sentence and pay less than your lawyer would cost you, and your lawyer wasn't going to get you off. The only advantage is you don't have to stand in line.

And I say that as a lawyer.

Actually, on second thought they should all hire lawyers, it's a rough market out there and young grads could use the work.

I just found out. Sounds as though Yogi and Stan have hired attorneys. I wonder if they will be suspended for a game or two? I don't know what the norm punishment is.

I just found out. Sounds as though Yogi and Stan have hired attorneys. I wonder if they will be suspended for a game or two? I don't know what the norm punishment is.

Hanner got 3 games for a DUI.  We will see...  

[quote name="Basketball4iU" post="63500" timestamp="1398658055"]This is so true !!! And what about probation because he was in the bars this weekend!

In the gym[/quote]

Isn't he 21?

I don't care if you believe me, just passing along what I know. The football player is Jordan Fuchs the freshman tight end. And it is a fball vs. Bball deal because theres bad blood and they want to get revenge. But both Crean and Wilson have sent out multiple messages advising not to.

If Jeremy showed the same passion and interest toward his gf that he displayed on the court, I have absolutely no doubt she was looking to knock knees with a FB player.