Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

drewheck

Kj's replacement

Is there still a dead period in the summer? A lot of schools did not name replacements until after the dead period if they were not affiliated with another school. This have an advantage because they were not on staff and were not limited by contacts. They cannot push IU but can continue to build relationships

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

[quote name="djsalway" post="62013" timestamp="1398279995"]I just want everyone to know that these two names were suggested for KJ's replacement on the Facebook page:

- Tom Crean (I really don't know how that would be possible. Can he be an assistant and the head coach? I guess we could try...)
- Mike Davis (I don't understand how people's minds function in this manner.)

Bonus: Another Brad Stevens mention.[/quote]

Somebody stealing my Stevens idea.

Brunson seems to be a great choice.... But, I truly think he could get a position on an NBA staff... Have we heard he'd want to take a low college assistant job? That seems hard to believe, unless the main reason would be to coach his son. But, Brunson seems like a guy who would let his kid go wherever he wants for college. I'd love the move, but I do not see it happening.

He's already held positions with NBA teams. Seems interested in looking at college openings. Saw on twitter this morning that Bill Self was in to see Jalen Brunson yesterday.

"REQUIRED: Bachelor’s degree and one year of prior coaching experience. "

Hoping that this is just standard procedure, but i'm hoping for someone with at least 6-8 years coaching experience haha

"REQUIRED: Bachelor’s degree and one year of prior coaching experience. "

Hoping that this is just standard procedure, but i'm hoping for someone with at least 6-8 years coaching experience haha

I wonder if a church peewee league baseball team counts?

On my application I'm framing yelling at my TV during games as coaching experience so I don't see why not.

I had lots of experience in doing that in my younger days. I should write that down too!

I think preventing Middle School Bob from going to UK should be part of the job requirement. If that kid ever plays for Cal, I jump off the ledge.

Yeah, MSB has some real talent that could translate to some killer talent in the paint.  nice call Laz... very perceptive.

RUMOR ALERT:  the following message is just a rumor, you are not allowed to harass the deliverer of this rumor.  Nothing is factual so look away if you can't handle this.

Close sources around the Marion area is that James Blackmon Sr. is being heavily courted by the IU coaching staff.  If so, I have really mixed emotions with this.

NBA experience, NCAA experience, AAU experience, High School championship experience, coached McD all-stars in high school (Thomas, JBJ), His wife is a huge IU alum, already has relationships built with numerous recruits and their families...however, the X's and O's are a challenge.

There it is, run with that for a while.

nice rumor alert hoosiercoop.

On the surface, i really like Blackmon senior. Seems like a really nice guy and could be heavily invested in IU's success, especially during JB2's time with us.  His past basketball experience seems decent.  I'm just not sure if the father/son combo thing would be a distraction or detriment or not.

If Senior is added to the staff, then consider me an ex-fan right now...
of course I'm kidding, but it is an interesting notion of adding a father to the staff...it's worked a few times over the years...
Cal did it with DeJaun Wagner, and I believe Allen Houston was a combo package for UT.