Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Bryan Medema

Rick Adelman to Retire: Izzo to MIN?

Alex Bozich reported that Tom Izzo's name is being mentioned as a possible coach for the Timberwolves. Regardless of validity, this is a good chance for the board to do what it does best and rampantly speculate.

If Izzo left, who replaces him and how does it affect recruitment?

Seriously...I would expect them to hire the ass. coach there. I think his name is Stevens. Thats what they did with Izzo. I think that dude has been there for like 10 yrs as an assistant or something. Recruiting could be an issue though. Its to the point that players commit to a coach now rather than a school. That being said, wouldn't hurt my feelings if they wanted to take Tommy Boy off our hands. Never gonna happen though!

MSU students burn East Lansing to the ground. Braden Dawson decides to go to the draft. Trey Lyles and his father call IU to apologize and beg for a second chance and ask UK for a release from his LOI. Calipari receives multiple sanctions and he is given a 50 year ban from the NCAA. TIJAN JOBE RETURNS AS AN ASSISTANT COACH AND CHRONIC HOOSIER REJOICES. I WIN $1,000,000!!!!!! THE IU JEOPARDY CONTESTANT GETS A CHANCE TO TRAVEL BACK IN TIME AND PRONOUNCE ACHILLES CORRECTLY! George W. Bush and Kanye West become drinking buddies. Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

MSU students burn East Lansing to the ground. Braden Dawson decides to go to the draft. Trey Lyles and his father call IU to apologize and beg for a second chance and ask UK for a release from his LOI. Calipari receives multiple sanctions and he is given a 50 year ban from the NCAA. TIJAN JOBE RETURNS AS AN ASSISTANT COACH AND CHRONIC HOOSIER REJOICES. I WIN $1,000,000!!!!!! THE IU JEOPARDY CONTESTANT GETS A CHANCE TO TRAVEL BACK IN TIME AND PRONOUNCE ACHILLES CORRECTLY! George W. Bush and Kayne West become drinking buddies.

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

I really like this scenario..Especially the one including Crapilari  hahaha

This has been rumored for months. Izzo is good friends with the GM of Minnesota and they talk a couple times a week. I brought it up on another board about 2-3 months ago an got laughed at. Lol

Dane Fife???????????

Hardly, Tony Jasick did so much better than Dane at IPFW in a shorter period of time. His assistant takes over for the Mastodons, and I believe he will also do a better job. His name is Jon Coffman and he did some outstanding recruiting for Tony. 

But, I suspect Dane has learned a lot from the IZ; he just didn't show me he was top tier when in Fort Wayne.

Is Mark Montgomery still an assistant under Izzo?  If so, I think he'd be a leading candidate (a la Kevin Ollie).  I think Fife could also be a candidate.

And, I truly think Crean might be a candidate, and I think he definitely would be a candidate if things had gone a little better for IU the last 13 months.  I think Crean would listen, too.  He'd be stupid not to given they have been a better program for the last 20 years and the way many of our fans feel about him.  I, personally, wouldn't want to face Crean at MSU.

Hardly, Tony Jasick did so much better than Dane at IPFW in a shorter period of time. His assistant takes over for the Mastodons, and I believe he will also do a better job. His name is Jon Coffman and he did some outstanding recruiting for Tony. 

But, I suspect Dane has learned a lot from the IZ; he just didn't show me he was top tier when in Fort Wayne.

Yeah but I think he had a stronger starting point than Dane.  Dane took over right at the time that IPFW transitioned to D1.  IPFW's overall record pretty much improved every single season under Fife. 

Is Mark Montgomery still an assistant under Izzo?  If so, I think he'd be a leading candidate (a la Kevin Ollie).  I think Fife could also be a candidate.

And, I truly think Crean might be a candidate, and I think he definitely would be a candidate if things had gone a little better for IU the last 13 months.  I think Crean would listen, too.  He'd be stupid not to given they have been a better program for the last 20 years and the way many of our fans feel about him.  I, personally, wouldn't want to face Crean at MSU.

Personally, I would love to face Crean at MSU. It would make sense for him, and for us too. Maybe we could finally hire a coach that wouldn't be worried about RMK's shadow, wouldn't have to deal with sanctions, and most of all get us back to winning .....CONSISTENTLY!

I don't think he goes, but if there was a time to consider it....this certainly is it. MSU is in full rebuild mode now with the graduations and early draft entry. Again, I don't see him doing it, but if he wanted to give it a try...this is the chance.

If Izzo does go, there's no way Crean would go there. A) MSU could do much (MUCH) better. B ) A coach moving to a new team in the same conference rarely if ever happens. C) Idk. See A and B I guess. Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners