Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
KelleyHoosh

The Ideal Recruiting Finish for 2014

Seems as if South Carolina is the more reasonable pick as of now. Bradley just signed two guys yesterday.

Yeah, Frank Martin is getting it done. I live down here, and they haven't had any success in basketball in years. As a closet SC fan I am happy for them. Just not at the expense of my Hoosiers! lol  

[quote name="djsalway" post="61245" timestamp="1398086732"]No Gant? He's ranked around 50 by all the recruiting services and he's a big man that could have an impact right away. I think getting him would be huge. We also have no idea where we stand with Wesley and Deng and Anderson. Gant has specifically said he's down to two schools if he leaves Missouri. Sure, Wesley has included us, but there are multiple teams.[/quote]

Has gant himself said that? I thought that was a quote from his coach/a lot of people think they have a shot at him/he could stick at mizzou? I absolutely think though that if he becomes an option he would be the best addition

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

[quote name="KelleyHoosh" post="61265" timestamp="1398090158"]Has gant himself said that? I thought that was a quote from his coach/a lot of people think they have a shot at him/he could stick at mizzou? I absolutely think though that if he becomes an option he would be the best addition

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote]

The quote was from his AAU coach I believe if we're referencing the "Indiana/Louisville" tweet.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I don't know if I've been this active in the off season, ever.  Every day I'm doing my research and seeing if we got anyone signed for 2014-2015.  I don't think there's any doubt that Tom Crean has to use the scholarships.  Like someone else pointed out, Coach Crean has to make the tourney next year and have a much better squad than this last year's team.  I know that there's not a lot of big names out there floating around, but he has to bring in more talent to mesh with the guys that we already have. 

It's interesting how Crean and staff brought in Jeremiah April and he was completely off the radar.  What's the chances that he does it again?  Bringing in a name that nobody's mentioned, that is.  Here we are saying Cunningham, Harris, etc, but what if Crean pulls a fast one again and brings in another guy none of us have heard of?  For me, i just want a banger down around the basket, somebody that can defend and rebound and add toughness.  I think we're set at the 1 and the 2.  I would not be opposed at some wing depth to help out Troy Williams and freshman Max Hoetzel.  If we could bring in somebody that has some experience like a JUCO or a 5th year senior at either wing or power forward, then I think you take that plus the other 4 freshman coming in and I think you view that as a pretty good recruiting class. 

No Gant? He's ranked around 50 by all the recruiting services and he's a big man that could have an impact right away. I think getting him would be huge. We also have no idea where we stand with Wesley and Deng and Anderson. Gant has specifically said he's down to two schools if he leaves Missouri. Sure, Wesley has included us, but there are multiple teams.

"Gant has specifically said he's down to two schools "if" he leaves Missouri."

"If" is the key word.  I know he would be a great pick up, and I'd agree that he would be preferred over Wesley, but this all depends on whether or not he leaves Mizzou.  I don't feel like he's leaving though.  So, I'm not really considering him a real possibility until I hear he's officially leaving Mizzou.  If he does re-open his recruitment, I hope we go all in on him. 

"Gant has specifically said he's down to two schools "if" he leaves Missouri."<br /><br />"If" is the key word. I know he would be a great pick up, and I'd agree that he would be preferred over Wesley, but this all depends on whether or not he leaves Mizzou. I don't feel like he's leaving though. So, I'm not really considering him a real possibility until I hear he's officially leaving Mizzou. If he does re-open his recruitment, I hope we go all in on him.

I get what you're saying, but Wesley is considering like 10-15 schools. What's the chances there?...

I get what you're saying, but Wesley is considering like 10-15 schools. What's the chances there?...

Well, if Wesley is considering 10 schools, that means we have a 10% chance, however I thought I heard that Michigan and Indiana were amongst his favorites, but let's say I didn't (since I can't recall where I read that)... So, we have a 10% chance.

Gant is still committed to Mizzou, so as of right now, there's a 0% chance we land him.  Most of what I read says he's staying there.  So Wesley is probably just a little more likely.  I hope I'm wrong.  Id rather have Gant, just seems very doubtful.

Well, if Wesley is considering 10 schools, that means we have a 10% chance, however I thought I heard that Michigan and Indiana were amongst his favorites, but let's say I didn't (since I can't recall where I read that)... So, we have a 10% chance.<br /><br />Gant is still committed to Mizzou, so as of right now, there's a 0% chance we land him. Most of what I read says he's staying there. So Wesley is probably just a little more likely. I hope I'm wrong. Id rather have Gant, just seems very doubtful.

I understand completely. Just playing a little Devil's Advocate :) As far as us and Michigan being favorites, that is not what he said. He just said that he's considering us. Nothing more. Nothing less. Take it for what it's worth at this point.