Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
IUHoosiers22

Kenney and Fant have been impressing

According to multiple articles, redshirt freshmen CB Rashard Fant, and sophomore OLD David Kenney have been very impressive so far, if they can step up, it will help our defense a lot. I have hope for a 7-5 season this year!

While I would be happy with 7-5 this year, I think it very possible that IU makes that jump to 8-4 or possibly even better this year. Truthfully, as far as a progression of just getting better, 6-6 (actually 7-6) would be satisfactory, but I expect a bit of a jump in that progression in the next year or two. The better recruiting classes are starting to field sophs and juniors like Fant and Kenney, plus a wealth of guys that are just solid B1G capable players. We may not be "there" yet, but the future is bright!

[quote name="Napleshoosier" post="61104" timestamp="1398006328"]Natty when are you going to start back with the interviews like you did at the old HSN? You have a much larger audience here....[/quote]

I've been terribly busy with the new job. Coupled with the kids extracurricular activities I barely have time for myself. :(

Sent from the can using BtownBanners

While I would be happy with 7-5 this year, I think it very possible that IU makes that jump to 8-4 or possibly even better this year. Truthfully, as far as a progression of just getting better, 6-6 (actually 7-6) would be satisfactory, but I expect a bit of a jump in that progression in the next year or two. The better recruiting classes are starting to field sophs and juniors like Fant and Kenney, plus a wealth of guys that are just solid B1G capable players. We may not be "there" yet, but the future is bright!

Truth be told, I also can see us going 8-4, however, I wanted to kind of temper my expectations for us. I truly do believe we can go 8-4, but we have a pretty difficult schedule, so I am going to wait and see about that.

[quote name="IUHoosiers22" post="61117" timestamp="1398010997"]Just thought I'd ask, who do you all prefer at quarterback? Sudfeld or Roberson?[/quote]

Tre. I love what he brings in the option game and he isn't a terrible passer. Offense isn't setup for difficult reads downfield and he performs pretty well in it for the most part. I don't hate Sudfeld at all though. Ours is a good problem to have.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Just thought I'd ask, who do you all prefer at quarterback? Sudfeld or Roberson?

I prefer Roberson, as long as they use him like they did near the end of the season and actually let him be a quarterback. Was beyond frustrating that for so long the only thing Tre ever did was run the read option offensively. 

I prefer Sudfeld, because I just think he throws a better ball. But, like most, as long as we win, I don't care.

I certainly agree with this, I prefer Roberson, but I am perfectly fine with Sudfeld as long as we win