Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Magnanimous

JBjr's shooting comparison

I would say that his all around game is better than all 3 and I loved watching hulls shoot the ball and his olay making ability all in all I think JB jr's ability to drive, dunk, stop and shoot, and long range game will be a big asset to the team. I just hope he sticks around for atleast 3 years

Sent from my SCH-I535 using BtownBanners mobile app

Reggie Miller ( I kid, I kid) But I'd say he's right up there with those guys shooting wise. The dude can flat out get buckets any way you can imagine though.

James is a true talent, can do it all. He'll drive, dish, or pull up from 30!

Could see him being the freshman of the year in the B1G next year.. first round pick in the NBA draft next year. 

I don't see James being a one and done.  He's legit, but he does have things to work on.

Part of the reason he wavered on UK is because he wasn't sure if he'd be a one and done, and Cal will recruit over you if you're not.

I haven't really seen him more than anyone else, but I'll still pass along my uninformed thoughts.

I think they'd all be equal in a game of HORSE, but I think what separates JBJr is his ability to not just hit a standstill jumper like Hulls and Roth. I think he will have a wicked mid-range game off the dribble and also be able to take it to the hole.

When I've watched him, he really minded me of a pre-injury Creek.

Out of the three that you mentioned he is most like EJ.  Roth was just a shooter in my opinion and Hulls was a great shooter and could handle the point, but JBJ is capable of so much more.  Where as Hulls could keep the dribble and handle point guard duties, you could not run an offense thru him.  JBJ can have an offense ran thru him, he can create space, he can drive, and he can dish.  He's a very talented player and if i had to compare him to a former IU player, i would say a cross between Bracey Wright and Eric Gordon.  He's not quite as explosive as Gordon off the bounce, more like Bracey, but he's a better passer than Gordon was while at IU.  It should be a real treat.