Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
djsalway

(2014) C Jeremiah April to IU

That's probably my biggest pet peeve. How do you not know the name of the university you just committed to. We are IU not UI. <br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

<br /><br />Watford did the same thing, so did Hulls. Just nerves, no big deal<br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

kid was prolly just really excited about committing to IU, i bet he'll never make that mistake again.

Yes, it's covered on page 6/post 117.

20 11 5

That's pretty good for JUCO.

Can we talk about his FT percentage though?

WOW!

78% for a big guy is interesting to see..

I'd love to know attempt number. That is really impressive for any player let alone a 7 footer. I will warm up to this kid. I think Hoetzel might have some game too.

Blackmon and Hoetzel DO NOT appear to be gritty defenders though. Crean will have a lot of work getting them to get up into their man on D.

Where's this University of Indiana he speaks of in his commit. Welcome aboard kid. Those bunnies you got in your highlight reel will never come your way again in the Big Ten. Work hard and if you survive the Big Ten, you can do anything in your life.

Reminds me of the Tijan Jobe days..<br /><br /><br />Oh yeah, love the website. Reminds me of the old Hoosier Nation, finally decided to register. <br /><br />Ran into Jurkin last night.. he seems.. healthy. lol

<br /><br />Now it's a party!!! Welcome :)<br /><br />Sent from my DROID4 using BtownBanners mobile app<br /><br />

I'd love to know attempt number. That is really impressive for any player let alone a 7 footer. I will warm up to this kid. I think Hoetzel might have some game too.

Blackmon and Hoetzel DO NOT appear to be gritty defenders though. Crean will have a lot of work getting them to get up into their man on D.

Shot 53% from the field, and 78% from the free throw line. I kind of want a higher shooting percentage from big guys in high school, but still that is a solid number. And the free throw percentage should imply he understands shooting mechanics well enough

Peter Jurkin 2.0

Hope I'm wrong, but that's what I'm callin'. Go back in youtube and watch Jurkin's high school highlights... They're pretty similar. I'm glad we got him and everything, I'm just being honest about where my expectations are for him. Hope he turns out way better and has just been flying under the radar the whole time.

Speaking of Peter Jurkin, what's the deal with him? Is he hurt? Has he been hurt from day 1 at IU? Or is he just so bad that he NEVER leaves the bench? I'm just curious if there's a legit reason for him having basically zero playing time?

Peter Jurkin 2.0

Hope I'm wrong, but that's what I'm callin'. Go back in youtube and watch Jurkin's high school highlights... They're pretty similar. I'm glad we got him and everything, I'm just being honest about where my expectations are for him. Hope he turns out way better and has just been flying under the radar the whole time.

Speaking of Peter Jurkin, what's the deal with him? Is he hurt? Has he been hurt from day 1 at IU? Or is he just so bad that he NEVER leaves the bench? I'm just curious if there's a legit reason for him having basically zero playing time?

He spent his HS career at a tiny Christian school where basketball was not a priority. His stock rose when he did a year of prep school last year. Whether he'll be any good or not I do not know but the reason he was flying under the radar was his mom sending him off for a Christian education first, basketball as a mere pastime. Basketball was not a concern of hers. 

Lol, the highlight tape started with him shooting free throws, I found that funny

One of the reviews said his free throw percentage was 78%. Sweet for a young big; nice stroke and it wasn't underhanded. So, maybe a good place to start. Gotta admit the "highlight" only got better. It certainly is going to be a culture shock when he hits the floor for his first IU game; the gyms in the HL reel looked quite empty.

Jeremiah April feels your pain; he tweets toward a quick resolution!

INDIANA UNIVERSITY! I get it!! My bad aha! Was too excited #IU #HoosierNation

Expand
  •  

Love it! An astute critique of himself. Most definitely liked his mother's statement regarding IU and her son's education. I see a focused young man (with great parental guidance) arriving with a lot of potential.

I've read a few articles and his motor and athleticism as a big have specifically been mentioned. Given Crean's success with a high-motor big (some dude named Zeller?) I think he'll be a proper fit for our offense. 

If this be the case then I'm sold.

Oh Boy....I know its a big man that committed, but yeesh if this is the answer to our frontline ?'s. Looks like he plays some great talent out there in Arizona too  :lol: All jokes aside, welcome to the Hoosiers Mr. April

That's probably my biggest pet peeve. How do you not know the name of the university you just committed to. We are IU not UI.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I believe Jared Jeffries did the same.