Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Hoosier_Cat_42

2014 big man - Idrissa Diallo

Wants a warm climate, strong academics, and a multi-cultual community with acceptance of his Muslim culture. Seems like a no-drama recruit who's squared away, but may be more inclined to staying on the west coast. 

However, there must be some connection to prompt our inquiry, so I will remain hopeful. A true big who is athletic and squared away on a personal level?  Sounds good. 

Looks like we have 2 of the 3 things he wants (as long as he doesn't venture too far out of town when it comes to an accepting community). The weather just isn't gonna happen.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

The issue I saw was that his AAU coach is obviously cognizent of the ability to develop big men for at least one coach. Regardless of your thoughts on Crean, he's not a proven product with big men. Given that the kid seems to have a strong relationship with his AAU coach, this could definitely impact our ability to recruit him.

Wants a warm climate, strong academics, and a multi-cultual community with acceptance of his Muslim culture. Seems like a no-drama recruit who's squared away, but may be more inclined to staying on the west coast. 

However, there must be some connection to prompt our inquiry, so I will remain hopeful. A true big who is athletic and squared away on a personal level?  Sounds good. 

Warm climate-nope Strong academics-sure why not Multi-cultural community-sorta

Warm climate-nope Strong academics-sure why not Multi-cultural community-sorta

That about sums it up.

Also...big time program in big time conference with lots and lots and lots and lots (and lots) of immediate available minutes for a big.

if warm climate was on my list of necessaries...even if it at the bottom of the list...

I would have to imagine that a state with a damn near 6 month winter would be a deal breaker...

it was 28 this morning...it's freaking April...can y'all tell I'm really sick of winter?

[quote name="ou812dude" post="60106" timestamp="1397667607"]if warm climate was on my list of necessaries...even if it at the bottom of the list...
I would have to imagine that a state with a damn near 6 month winter would be a deal breaker...

it was 28 this morning...it's freaking April...can y'all tell I'm really sick of winter?[/quote]

Hey it was a humid 28!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners