Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
WayneFleekHoosier

Kenny Johnson to Louisville

[quote name="WayneHoosier" post="61421" timestamp="1398135505"]I realize that word is far too strong but Rojo, Troy, and Stan are strongly connected to KJ. JB2 very close to KJ also, maybe not the same but........

These guys were clearly recruited by KJ.[/quote]

Yes they were recruited by KJ, the recruiting coordinator. One door closing opens other opportunities. There's other assistants who can recruit out there

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

We can't catch a break, our "best news" in months is the signing of a up and coming 1 star center who had yet to have any high major offers in mid April of his senior year.

That is our "best news" mind you. Oh, yeah, and we have missed on about 20 straight other recruits who were offered by anyone else.

[quote name="JSHoosier" post="61424" timestamp="1398135711"]*ring ring ring*

"Hello?"
"Hello, AJ, how would you like to return to IU?"[/quote]

Guyton? We can and should do better than him

Yes they were recruited by KJ, the recruiting coordinator. One door closing opens other opportunities. There's other assistants who can recruit out thereSent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Point is, those guys have long careers at IU ahead of them and one of the main reasons they are here is gone. That can't be great for those guys.

[quote name="JSHoosier" post="61427" timestamp="1398135898"]Yes, Guyton. The same AJ Guyton that played professionally in the NBA and overseas and won two straight championships in a professional minor league.[/quote]

Yeah like I said IU can and should do better. Admittedly I don't know the top up and coming assistants but I am fairly sure Guyton isn't one

Let the negativity roll in... We have pretty much known he was gone for about a week now, so this is barely news.

Be fair to yourself. In what way is this to be viewed as a positive.

Best case scenario, we are viewed as an inferior program to Louisville.

Worst case, more things are going on then any of us know.

Yeah like I said IU can and should do better. Admittedly I don't know the top up and coming assistants but I am fairly sure Guyton isn't one

I don't think he'd be bad.  Playing professionally might help recruiting, and winning 2 straight championships and 3 straight division titles in the PBL doesn't sound too bad.

[quote name="JSHoosier" post="61437" timestamp="1398136585"]I don't think he'd be bad. Playing professionally might help recruiting, and winning 2 straight championships and 3 straight division titles in the PBL doesn't sound too bad.[/quote]

You really think any recruit is going to come to IU because an assistant won anything in the PBL?

Be fair to yourself. In what way is this to be viewed as a positive. <br /><br />Best case scenario, we are viewed as an inferior program to Louisville.<br /><br />Worst case, more things are going on then any of us know.

Doesnt matter to me. I like to keep a positive outlook so I'm not allowing college basketball to bring me down and make me negative. Everyone is allowed to have an opinion.

Doesnt matter to me. I like to keep a positive outlook so I'm not allowing college basketball to bring me down and make me negative. Everyone is allowed to have an opinion.

I understand that view. It is just a negative blow to my fandom. It won't effect me at all aside from that. Facts are facts and this does not make our program look good.

I understand that view. It is just a negative blow to my fandom. It won't effect me at all aside from that. Facts are facts and this does not make our program look good.

I agree, but we have to keep supporting our Hoosiers, through the good and the bad.

[quote name="WayneHoosier" post="61435" timestamp="1398136476"]Be fair to yourself. In what way is this to be viewed as a positive.

Best case scenario, we are viewed as an inferior program to Louisville.

Worst case, more things are going on then any of us know.[/quote]

When are we going to get some answers. I think we're owed that much. Told my dad couple of weeks ago that there's something bad is going on and it's slowly falling apart. Us being inferior to Louisville has been happening for at least a good 10 years now. I'm afraid this isn't the end of bad times for us Hoosier fans.

When are we going to get some answers. I think we're owed that much. Told my dad couple of weeks ago that there's something bad is going on and it's slowly falling apart. Us being inferior to Louisville has been happening for at least a good 10 years now. I'm afraid this isn't the end of bad times for us Hoosier fans. Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

That is my view too. I don't know about the 10 years thing as our past is well documented with Davis/Sampson. We were on an incredible run for 2 years and then BOOM. Shit hits the fan and everyone flees. Mr. Glass, start finding some solutions. Missing all the instate talent has been forgiven because of Zeller, blackmon, and yogi. But bluiett, Harris, Irvin, McGary, Hammond, lyles, etc. etc.