Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
WayneFleekHoosier

Kenny Johnson to Louisville

It would suck to lose him, but I don't see what you guys mean when you say it would be a slap in the face for him to leave for Louisville. Why turn down a chance to learn from Pitino? Have you seen the guy's coaching tree? He would make awesome connections and learn a lot about the game. Theres no denying at this point in time UL > IU as a basketball program. Theres obviously reasons for him to stay at IU, but UL is an appealing opportunity. 

I'm at a point where KJ is already gone IMO. Wonder who we will get to replace him

[quote name="Diadem" post="60677" timestamp="1397846812"]Sounding more and more like this is a mutual parting of the ways at best.... Glass saying we're trying to keep him seems like a smoke screen to put a bad light on KJ if he were to go.... [ especially if it were UL ] .

Did Calbert ever have a statement about why he left with the usual thanking of Coach Crean and the University, etc? Makes a fan really wonder what's going on![/quote]
I was going to say something about Calbert and a few others but I didn't want to stir the pot. I can say Calbert was not impressed here and was actively looking other places.

Sent from the gym using BtownBanners

Thanks for that. I think a lot of people thought it was strange that Crean said among other things that "Calbert wanted to be with someone he trusted" [coach Crews]. Maybe a telling statement when looking at how things are going at IU lately.

So if you can't say anything nice about the person [ in this case CC] don't say anything and let CC spin it to those out of the know.

[quote name="basketball4u" post="60681" timestamp="1397848939"]I was going to say something about Calbert and a few others but I didn't want to stir the pot. I can say Calbert was not impressed here and was actively looking other places.

Sent from the gym using BtownBanners[/quote]

So what inside scoop do you have on Kenny?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I still think it would be nice to get an IU guy if we do lose KJ. A mid western guy at the very least. The tri state area of Kentucky, Indiana and Ohio puts out an awful lot of talent. Heck throw Illinois in there as well. Its great to be able to recruit nationally, but I've always felt that when ya get kids close to home, it means more to them for some reason. More of a pride thing I guess. 

I still think it would be nice to get an IU guy if we do lose KJ. A mid western guy at the very least. The tri state area of Kentucky, Indiana and Ohio puts out an awful lot of talent. Heck throw Illinois in there as well. Its great to be able to recruit nationally, but I've always felt that when ya get kids close to home, it means more to them for some reason. More of a pride thing I guess. 

The state of Kentucky doesn't produce much talent.  There's a reason we own them in the IN/KY all star game.

FWIW, a lot of Louisville sources think that he is already in the bag.

I used to know this guy named Cheapie who was always referencing Louisville sources. Didn't matter what was said, if it was negative toward IU and came from Louisville it was Gospel to him.

Pretty shocked by this.. I mean.. it's "Indiana" right? 

With the lack of Indiana talent in the coming years (besides that kid from FW) we will have to step outside of the state. Would be nice to get some connections around the Texas area..

However, i find it interesting in the amount of players and now assistants(1) that are leaving the program. I mean, when a walk-on leaves the program at IU, then something has to be going on. 

Pretty shocked by this.. I mean.. it's "Indiana" right? 

With the lack of Indiana talent in the coming years (besides that kid from FW) we will have to step outside of the state. Would be nice to get some connections around the Texas area..

However, i find it interesting in the amount of players and now assistants(1) that are leaving the program. I mean, when a walk-on leaves the program at IU, then something has to be going on.

Yeah, odd huh? We would love answers and will probably never get them. 2016 and 2017 look to be really strong on Indiana talent. 2015, not as much.

I used to know this guy named Cheapie who was always referencing Louisville sources. Didn't matter what was said, if it was negative toward IU and came from Louisville it was Gospel to him.

The plot thickens!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PflcCJ7mE2A

and it thickens some more….

Happy to see @YungHoetz show the people why they might want to get to know him a little better before he takes the world by storm. HOOPER!!!

Max doesn't need a scouting service to tell him how good he is. He is comfortable being a born flamethrower.

and it thickens some more….

Happy to see @YungHoetz show the people why they might want to get to know him a little better before he takes the world by storm. HOOPER!!!

I hope Coach KJ stays.

If he goes I wish him nothing but the best...

but I hope Coach KJ stays.