Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Hwy 1

Cuonzo takes CA job, 3 big commits could leave

1. OK, who's going to be first with the list of Tennessee recruits that want to de-commit? Three guys 6-8 or larger, including a 7-footer.

3. Retweeted by rickbozich

Yowza RT @GoodmanESPN: Tennessee's Cuonzo Martin has agreed to be head coach at California, sources told ESPN.

http://tennessee.247sports.com/Season/2014-Basketball/Commits

Apparently Stanford Robinson knows the 7-footer, Kingsley Okoroh?  Just looked at Kingsley Okoroh's twitter and Stanford tweeted him only 19 hours ago saying...

" @KingOkoroh congrats on the commit to Tennessee lil bro  "

So maybe Indiana will be on the radar for Okoroh.  Feel bad for him that he committed yesterday, and today the coach goes somewhere else. I'd imagine that the Hoosiers would be much more alluring to him that the Vols, just based on PT and exposure.

Nice work Scohutch!

Apparently Stanford Robinson knows the 7-footer, Kingsley Okoroh?  Just looked at Kingsley Okoroh's twitter and Stanford tweeted him only 19 hours ago saying...

" @KingOkoroh congrats on the commit to Tennessee lil bro  "

So maybe Indiana will be on the radar for Okoroh.  Feel bad for him that he committed yesterday, and today the coach goes somewhere else. I'd imagine that the Hoosiers would be much more alluring to him that the Vols, just based on PT and exposure.

Scohutch, why doesn't anyone understand that no guys that are decent players are going to come to IU, until they throw CTC out. They keep talking about this player and that player and the truth is no good players are coming.

Scohutch, why doesn't anyone understand that no guys that are decent players are going to come to IU, until they throw CTC out. They keep talking about this player and that player and the truth is no good players are coming.

....... This. Isn't. A. Tom. Crean. Thread.

[quote name="Hoosier Hoopster" post="59932" timestamp="1397594600"]Speaking of Crean, he is on UT's hotboard.[/quote] Our resident insider Hoosier Hoopster is back to drop some knowledge on us. This has already been pointed out and already been refuted as something with very little credibility. Take your CTC rumors to the appropriate threads. Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

We get excited anytime a 6'8" kid may become available, but are they quality players?

@jerrymeyer247: Remember in spring recruiting that the urgency created by low supply and high demand increases the value of the recruit. Still same player.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

[quote name="KelleyHoosh" post="59968" timestamp="1397599437"]Honestly, I'd take pretty much any semi talented 6'8 or taller kid with immediate eligibility.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote] I just don't think that equates to long-term, consistent success for a program.

[quote name="scottybower" post="59970" timestamp="1397599664"]I just don't think that equates to long-term, consistent success for a program.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote]

I 100% agree. I wish that we weren't in a position that we had one player on the roster over 6'8. I mean, it's not Crean's tendency to leave schollys open, so may as well add some depth to the front court... Right?

Absolutely agree though that ideally we wouldn't be reaching for talented bigs late in the cycle