Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

djsalway

The Masters Thread

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

It was once a foregone conclusion he would get 19. Can he still?

I think Augusta is a unique situation. He's shown he's elite again but I think it's going to be a little more difficult to win the other majors than it is the masters. I was surprised that Mollinari frequently out drove him today. That trip through Amen corner was a combination of talent and experience today. 

Koepka, Xander, and DJ were the only ones who seemed to relish the pressure. I think Koepka is going to be a force to reckon with the next few years. 

9 minutes ago, cbp4iu said:

I once thought the greatest Tiger moment was when he came back and won the masters. Today’s win was much bigger. The shot on 16 was better than the chip in.... Nike posting an ad 15 minutes was a tad extreme but Tiger is back and should his driver continue to not fail him he’ll continue to play well

The shot on 16 was amazing. A combination of skill, experience, and intelligence. 

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

Jim Nance just said Tiger's win at Augusta today was a greater moment than Jack's in 1986. ... True, or is he caught up in said moment? 

I'm a little old-school and graduated from high school in 1986 and was on the golf team (yikes -- am I really that old!), but I'm sticking with Jack! Still golf moment No. 1 for me.

Idk about the actual golf itself, but imo what would make Tiger's accomplishment better are the surrounding circumstances. He was basically at rock bottom two years ago, didn't know if he'd ever even be able to play golf again. And now he's rocking the green jacket once again. 

I could see Tiger winning a few more majors. I don’t think he’ll ever regain the form or dominance he once held over the sport. The co,binational of his injuries and age along with the plethora of talent on the tour won’t allow for it. His mental game has returned to be good enough to win a major. If his body holds out I could see him being in contention for a few more over the next couple of years.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I think Augusta is a unique situation. He's shown he's elite again but I think it's going to be a little more difficult to win the other majors than it is the masters. I was surprised that Mollinari frequently out drove him today. That trip through Amen corner was a combination of talent and experience today. 
Koepka, Xander, and DJ were the only ones who seemed to relish the pressure. I think Koepka is going to be a force to reckon with the next few years. 

He was hitting irons and his 3 wood off the tee on more than a few holes. When I saw that stripped 3 wood it looked like the Tiger of old. He also had some drives up near Finau, who is long off the tee. Unless you have the distance and accuracy of a DJ Johnson or Rory, when they’re on, you won’t be able to overpower a US Open course. I’m not sure where the PGA is being played this year but his mental game is coming back around. He could contend for a few more this season.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

4 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

He was hitting irons and his 3 wood off the tee on more than a few holes. When I saw that stripped 3 wood it looked like the Tiger of old. He also had some drives up near Finau, who is long off the tee. Unless you have the distance and accuracy of a DJ Johnson or Rory, when they’re on, you won’t be able to overpower a US Open course. I’m not sure where the PGA is being played this year but his mental game is coming back around. He could contend for a few more this season.

I believe the PGA is at Bethpage this year. He was up close to Finau multiple times off the tee (how the hell does Finau hit it that far with such a short backswing???). His mental game was definitely on! He's never been my favorite but he is without a doubt the best golfer of the last few generations and in the top two all-time. Glad I got up early to watch it. 

1 hour ago, jonz44 said:

I believe the PGA is at Bethpage this year. He was up close to Finau multiple times of the tee (how the hell does Finau hit it that far with such a short backswing???). His mental game was definitely on! He's never been my favorite but he is without a doubt the best golfer of the last few generations and in the top two all-time. Glad I got up early to watch it. 

Finau’s swing is atrocious but he was murdering the ball all week. He’s really fun to watch. 

How many of the 'best in the world' were nestled on the front couple of pages of the leaderboard at the start of the final round? Sh*tload! And again they folded like cheap shirts. Tiger thru the first 2 rnds missed 7 or 8 birdie putts inside 10 ft. Should have been clear by at least 3 strokes at the end of rnd 1. Keep doubting! Only more injuries or nerves will keep him from adding to his total. BTW, nerves didn't hurt him today.

How many of the 'best in the world' were nestled on the front couple of pages of the leaderboard at the start of the final round? Sh*tload! And again they folded like cheap shirts. Tiger thru the first 2 rnds missed 7 or 8 birdie putts inside 10 ft. Should have been clear by at least 3 strokes at the end of rnd 1. Keep doubting! Only more injuries or nerves will keep him from adding to his total. BTW, nerves didn't hurt him today.

I didn’t really see a lot fold like cheap shirts. DJ, Schauffele, and Koepka all had really good final rounds. Tiger’s strategy of just hanging around and hitting a couple of key shots down the stretch paid off. Mollinari collapsed on the back with two double bogeys though.

Tiger is playing well. If he runs away with another major I’ll be a bit more confident he could get to 19. 4 majors in the next 2-3 years would be ridiculous though. That’s winning like 33% of the majors. I just can’t see it happening right now.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I could see Tiger winning a few more majors. I don’t think he’ll ever regain the form or dominance he once held over the sport. The co,binational of his injuries and age along with the plethora of talent on the tour won’t allow for it. His mental game has returned to be good enough to win a major. If his body holds out I could see him being in contention for a few more over the next couple of years.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

And he knows these courses like the back of his hand. Wonder when he will put a seven wood in his bag?

21 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

You knew he was coming for all the haters with that look at the end. 

This is a great video.  Came out last year after he won the Tour Championship, and a great reminder that the "experts" know exactly nothing.    Why anyone gives credence to people like Shannon Sharpe, Jamele Hill (good gravy is she an idiot), Colin Cowherd, or anyone else baffles me!