Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

(2014) C Link Kabadyundi to TCU

Committed 6/3/14.

Montreal Quebec, Canada (Alma Academy)
Ht: 7-1 | Wt: 245
AAU: Brockwood Bounce Elite

No offer. New name on the radar. Took OV's to Nebraska and Ok St. Couldn't find in the Scout database or any video.

Hoops Hype Canada ‏@HoopsHypeCA  2h
Assistants Kenny Johnson at Indiana & Shyrone Chapman from UMass have expressed interested in 7'1" Link Kabadyundi http://hoopshype.ca/kabadyundi/

Why did it take so long to get in on some of these post players? Fisher has been gone since Christmas and Noah's pre draft ratings made it obvious to most and especially coaches he would be gone. Our post play will be our biggest weakness so one would think every available big we would try to be in the mix. All the while we continue to focus on 6'6" wings. Maybe Crean thinks Jurkin and Perea will be able to hold the center position down but I have serious doubts including using Devin Davis in the post. I have never understood Creans recruiting strategy, Creaning strategy, or in game strategy; but he's the captain of the ship. A fitting name may be Team Titanic.

WE HAVE FOUND..."THE MISSING LINK"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is an "Ivan Renko-like" man of international mystery, this guy is.

A commit from "The Missing Link" will send this board into a frenzy of over the top opinions. I will be a big fan of the entertainment factor if this heats up!

This individual case may be somewhat new, but just because we don't see it doesn't mean it isn't happening. You will rarely see someone bring something to the board that isn't confirmed on twitter regarding recruiting. People are pretty demanding on sources, and rightfully so I suppose, so until we can find solid twitter proof that something is happening, it won't be here.

To speak to what Boogaloo said, I'm not sure lol. His ranking may have something to do with not ranking international players but I'm not sure how that works with Canada. For some reason I feel like they rank such prospects but maybe not if they don't play here. Regardless, you can imagine that there is some form of lack of exposure with Link not playing in the states so ANY sort of ranking, or lack there of, I would take with a grain of salt. 

He seems to have a solid frame and certainly has the height/length, eligible this year...I'd say that coupled with the fact that we're pretty desperate has most excited but we don't seem to be in a great position or anything of that sort. We'll see how it goes.

That's what caught my eye- he's not spindly like a lot of bigs.  Coach Jackson could make a tank out of him

See #22 dark blue jersey.

1:02 Nice turn around jumper from about 9 feet out despite being called for travel.

1:51 dunk after sprinting past the opponent's big man.  Note one of the 1st back on defense after the dunk.

3:02 Put back.

3:33 lol Drills an opposing guard with moving screen without a call from official.

4:46 lol--louder Gets a whistle for a moving screen.  Has to sit.  Nothing more to see on this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g5EAqr5PPY&index=3&list=FL5ZJltJ6SFAD88R4oAcgrtQ

Not to knock this kids ability, but we gotta ask... Is this someone who can play valuable minutes next year? If he is someone that will take a year or two to be game ready we can't go after him. No need for another project sitting on the bench.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

[quote name="mamasa" post="58651" timestamp="1397055666"]That's what caught my eye- he's not spindly like a lot of bigs. Coach Jackson could make a tank out of him[/quote]

I expected to see a 7'0 200lbs kid when I seen the thread. I love the size and like you said Coach Jackson could do some amazing things with him in my opinion. Hopefully we can get him and he can help us pretty quick.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

[quote name="protectthishouse" post="58678" timestamp="1397064637"]Not to knock this kids ability, but we gotta ask... Is this someone who can play valuable minutes next year? If he is someone that will take a year or two to be game ready we can't go after him. No need for another project sitting on the bench.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote]

Eh, what's the harm? We need bodies at this point, especially big bodies. At this stage in the game we aren't going to get a game changer this cycle, unless maybe a 5th year transfer... But that's moot to the point of needing scholarships down the road. He could be a guy that is a good 4 year player for us. I say go after him! What's to lose

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners