Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HystericalHoosier

Indy Eleven - Thoughts, Opinions, Banter

I just wish USA would figure it out. I get that football baseball and basketball will probably reign forever here but overseas soccer is life. I’ve been lucky enough to see multiple teams play and the fans passion is amazing and some teams in MLS have a great rep for attendance, but I encourage everyone to try to get to Cincy, Indy, Louisville etc to catch a game sometime. They are a blast and great for the community.  

What i I really wanted to say is....MLS needs to adapt and not be stubborn and implement and work with lower tier leagues....if they keep ignoring them they will die out like the NASL is doing as we speak. We need a promotion/relegation system like everyone else deals with and implements. It creates great competition. 

Tis all 

@IndianaChamber: Member news: @IndyEleven names Martin Rennie as new head coach; announces season ticket offer for the team's first season as part of the United #Soccer League. Read more: https://www.indianachamber.com/indy-eleven-martin-rennie-named-new-head-coach-season-ticket-offer-announced/

Rennie was born in Thurso, Scotland and graduated from Glasgow Caledonian University in 1996. Rennie began his soccer-coaching career in 2007. He has spent the last ten years coaching soccer in the US, Canada and Korea.

He is the only coach to have worked his way through the North American soccer pyramid having been a Head Coach in the PDL, USL, NASL and MLS, taking only 5 years to transition through the professional ranks.

Rennie holds many prestigious coaching qualifications including the UEFA Pro License. The UEFA Pro License is the highest coaching qualification available anywhere in the world and has afforded Rennie the opportunity to learn from some of the most highly decorated coaches and leaders in the world of soccer.

Rennie has built a winning team everywhere that he has been. He coached the Cascade Surge to a North West Division Title in 2005, the Cleveland City Stars to a USL Championship and a 2nd placed finish during 2007-2008, and the Carolina RailHawks to two 1st and one 2nd place positions during 2009-2011.  Rennie capped that off his ladder of success while coaching the Vancouver Whitecaps during 2011-2013, when the first Canadian team in MLS history reached the Playoffs while also winning a Cascadia Cup and reaching two Canadian Cup Finals.

In 2014, Rennie was given the unique opportunity to build an expansion team in Seoul, South Korea. Seoul E-Land competed in the highly competitive K League where his young team performed beyond all expectations with a 3rd place finish in the first season.

@indystar: Indy Eleven has offered to buy Broad Ripple High School to build its 20,000-seat soccer stadium.

https://www.indystar.com/story/opinion/columnists/tim-swarens/2019/01/11/exclusive-indy-eleven-offers-buy-broad-ripple-high-build-stadium/2537875002/