Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Naturalhoosier

Daily MLB Banter

They could try to unload someone, they've got some good OF prospects in the minors too. I read their plan was to rotate Gardner/Judge/Stanton (think it was those 3) through the DH spot.

Might keep Stanton healthy too. Prior to last season since his rookie year I remember reading he only averaged 112 games per year. Last year was a full year. Fun team to watch offensively. Losing Castro does nothing but give Torres a spot. Great move imo. I think this all but eliminates Harper to the Yanks next season. He had been teasing Cubs though for some time since he grew up with Bryant.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

41 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Might keep Stanton healthy too. Prior to last season since his rookie year I remember reading he only averaged 112 games per year. Last year was a full year. Fun team to watch offensively. Losing Castro does nothing but give Torres a spot. Great move imo. I think this all but eliminates Harper to the Yanks next season. He had been teasing Cubs though for some time since he grew up with Bryant.

Losing Castro helps the Yankees absorb the contract while still having a chance at staying under the luxury tax.  I was never a Castro fan so it's a win-win for me.  I'm not sure if Torres is ready, just a handful of AAA at bats pre-injury, but if he doesn't win the job they may be able to patch 2B together until he is.

Plus you won't make it through a full year with only 3 OF, so they'll still be chances for Hicks and Ellsbury.  I prefer trying to dump Ellsbury, but the only team dumb enough to take his 21 mil/yr is the Cleveland Browns.  Still need a 5th starter, could try to bring Sabathia back cheap.  

Harper was never a guarantee though.  I'll take Stanton now over a chance at Harper next season.

Stanton is headed to (or already in) NY for a physical which means he approved the trade, so pending physical it looks like below:

Miami:  Castro+two low level prospects+eating 30 mil

Yankees:  Reigning NL MVP

Good deal for NY.

Losing Castro helps the Yankees absorb the contract while still having a chance at staying under the luxury tax.  I was never a Castro fan so it's a win-win for me.  I'm not sure if Torres is ready, just a handful of AAA at bats pre-injury, but if he doesn't win the job they may be able to patch 2B together until he is.
Plus you won't make it through a full year with only 3 OF, so they'll still be chances for Hicks and Ellsbury.  I prefer trying to dump Ellsbury, but the only team dumb enough to take his 21 mil/yr is the Cleveland Browns.  Still need a 5th starter, could try to bring Sabathia back cheap.  
Harper was never a guarantee though.  I'll take Stanton now over a chance at Harper next season.
Stanton is headed to (or already in) NY for a physical which means he approved the trade, so pending physical it looks like below:
Miami:  Castro+two low level prospects+eating 30 mil
Yankees:  Reigning NL MVP
Good deal for NY.

Doesn’t ellsbury have a full no trade clause too?

I'm actually excited for my Phillies again with a lot of young guys from our Farm system on the roster this season. Probably wont make the playoffs but itll be nice to get a good look at our future

1 hour ago, LIHoosier said:

Giancarlo has 2 HR's in his Yankee debut; the 2nd one went about 5 km (game is in Canada).

Judge and Stanton and Sanchez back to back to back.  That's beyond brutal; I almost feel bad for the pitchers...almost.  Gonna be a lot of baseballs not coming back.

A person I work with is married to a pitcher in the Mets organization.  She should probably be glad he's in the minors, last time Judge was there he hit one that was last seen in orbit around Mars.

4 hours ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Opening day!!!!!  The start of the Astros Repeat!  ;)

hope not! HUGE Angels fan, so anxiously waiting for them to get back to the postseason and not waste Trout's prime