Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Naturalhoosier

Daily MLB Banter

Had a chance to be 3-0 but gave the game up in the 9th twice. Papelbon is a huge waste of money. <br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I was done with him halfway through last season. That's the worst investment ever. I'd rather have a retired, injured Brad Lidge.

[quote name="djsalway" post="57287" timestamp="1396550655"]I was done with him halfway through last season. That's the worst investment ever. I'd rather have a retired, injured Brad Lidge.[/quote]

I didn't like the signing when it happened. Our bullpen is awful.

Hopefully this will be Ruin Tomorrow Jr's last year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I didn't like the signing when it happened. Our bullpen is awful. <br /><br />Hopefully this will be Ruin Tomorrow Jr's last year. <br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Agreed. I hate the direction of the team, even though I really like our outfield, fwiw.

[quote name="djsalway" post="57291" timestamp="1396551341"]Agreed. I hate the direction of the team, even though I really like our outfield, fwiw.[/quote]

He keeps delaying the rebuild for no reason. I'd rather go ahead and get it going. I'm really big on Asche and Revere I've seen people knock them but I hope they stay in Philly for a very long time. Hopefully we'll see Franco at some point this season too.

He keeps delaying the rebuild for no reason. I'd rather go ahead and get it going. I'm really big on Asche and Revere I've seen people knock them but I hope they stay in Philly for a very long time. Hopefully we'll see Franco at some point this season too. <br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Where do you think Franco will play? Split time with Asche at 3B?

[quote name="djsalway" post="57293" timestamp="1396552091"]Where do you think Franco will play? Split time with Asche at 3B?[/quote]

From what I read they want to try him out at both 1st and 3rd. So I'd guess he'll get time at both spots here and there. It would be ideal if he could play 1st so he could take over for Ryan Howard when the time comes.

From what I read they want to try him out at both 1st and 3rd. So I'd guess he'll get time at both spots here and there. It would be ideal if he could play 1st so he could take over for Ryan Howard when the time comes.

Doesn't sound too bad to me. I do love Ryan Howard though... :scratchhead:

[quote name="djsalway" post="57312" timestamp="1396554964"]Doesn't sound too bad to me. I do love Ryan Howard though... :scratchhead:[/quote]

Me too. His body is just breaking down and he's not the same anymore. I wish we had a DH.

Only the third game of the year and already sitting Ellsbury and McCann and Johnson to start a washed up Ichiro and a career minor leaguer in Solarte.  Yep, Girardi is at it already.

EDIT:  Oh, and a rapidly declining Mark Teixiera is batting cleanup even with a surgically repaired wrist.  Yeah, this should be fun.