Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Naturalhoosier

Daily MLB Banter

Since we're not winning this year, (I hate to say it) but just sign Price in the offseason if we want him. Or maybe get a Jordan Zimmerman without having to give anybody up.

My thinking as well. Why trade the future when it doesn't really get you anything in the present?

They are the most dominant team in MLB for almost a century! What else can you expect?

I think she meant in Jeter's final season, and that would've been good to see.  Although he achieved just about everything a player can so I doubt it bothers him much.

Rose to meet w/the MLB...

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/13737640/pete-rose-meets-mlb-decision-reinstatement-end-year

Doesn't sound like a promising outcome for Pete, but the conversation is a step forward.  It's unfortunate as I don't see him being let back in.  Ah well, he did the crime...

Rose to meet w/the MLB...

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/13737640/pete-rose-meets-mlb-decision-reinstatement-end-year

Doesn't sound like a promising outcome for Pete, but the conversation is a step forward. It's unfortunate as I don't see him being let back in. Ah well, he did the crime...

My thing on Rose and I am glad MLB did their explanation of this, the MLB is a separate entity than the Hall. The Hall chooses as one of its rules if a player is suspended they can't be in the Hall. While we all know Rose is one of the greatest players of all time he doesn't deserve to be in the hall due to breaking the rules. The one IMO who deserves to be in is Joe Jackson. Landis had to make a statement which he did. You don't make a statement unless you take down a superstar.

My thing on Rose and I am glad MLB did their explanation of this, the MLB is a separate entity than the Hall. The Hall chooses as one of its rules if a player is suspended they can't be in the Hall. While we all know Rose is one of the greatest players of all time he doesn't deserve to be in the hall due to breaking the rules. The one IMO who deserves to be in is Joe Jackson. Landis had to make a statement which he did. You don't make a statement unless you take down a superstar.

Yeah, Shoeless Joe definitely should be.  There's not really any evidence he was involved (there was a news report claiming he admitted under oath, but his confession can't be found on the court stenograph), and men that were involved admitted he was never at any meetings and said they only mentioned him to give themselves credibility.

No arguments here, my stance is to be a hall of fame and leave out to me the greatest hitter of all-time for something that didn't effect his performance just makes me question the credibility of the hall of fame and every batter you let in there.

No arguments here, my stance is to be a hall of fame and leave out to me the greatest hitter of all-time for something that didn't effect his performance just makes me question the credibility of the hall of fame and every batter you let in there.

The credibility of the hall can be questioned enough considering some of the players that are in there may not have been the most deserving, while others that unarguably deserving aren't.

Astros are 2 games back of the Rangers for the division.  One game up on the Angels for the 2nd WC sport.  2 games to go.  The young 'Stros went Crush City on the D-Backs winning 21-5 last night.  Go Astros!!! 

Edit...oh and Dallas Keuchel becomes the 1st Astro to win 20 games in a decade!  AL Cy young?  Arguably yes.

Astros are 2 games back of the Rangers for the division. One game up on the Angels for the 2nd WC sport. 2 games to go. The young 'Stros went Crush City on the D-Backs winning 21-5 last night. Go Astros!!!

Edit...oh and Dallas Keuchel becomes the 1st Astro to win 20 games in a decade! AL Cy young? Arguably yes.

I guarantee the Yankees don't want to face Keuchel and that young team in a one game. I think the Astros take it.

I guarantee the Yankees don't want to face Keuchel and that young team in a one game. I think the Astros take it.

Only MLB player younger than @TeamCJCorrea to record a HR, triple, single and walk in a game since 1914: Ted Williams (1939).

They are good.  Very good.  Unfortunately, they are young and inexperienced and generally play horrible road-ball.

Mchugh has quietly won 18 games this season and he is up tonight. 

After last night I think it's safe to say that Scott Feldman/Steve Clevenger trade for Jake Arietta/Pedro Strop worked out in our favor. The years we sucked since Theo has come on he traded our pitching depth in July for reclamation projects of former top prospects. This one worked out. Hopefully Justin Turner former Tigers top 10 overall in baseball prospect just 3 years ago gives similar results. Best trade in MLB in a long ass time. IMO since John Smoltz went to the Braves in a similar trade.

Edit: as much credit should go to Chris Bosio as Theo and Jed for the work he put in with Arrieta.

Wanted to separate this post from my last but last night was his 20th consecutive quality start. Only reason he pitched 6 was cause he is going Wednesday. He gave up 2 hits and was just dominating. I have watched a lot of baseball in my life and I have only seen Greg Maddux more consistently dominant in a single season. From someone who breathes baseball as much as Hoosier basketball I wish we had an adequate 3rd starter.