Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

(2014) PF Tariq Owens

Evan Daniels ‏@EvanDaniels  18m
Tariq Owens, a 6-9 four-star prospect, is planning to ask Ohio for a release from his Letter of Intent, according to his AAU coach.

Tariq Owens is planning to ask for a release from his Letter of Intent, according to his AAU coach Dwayne Wise.
"He's going to ask for out of the letter," Wise told Scout.com. "Even if he has to sit out a year. He's not going there."

Owens, a four-star 6-foot-9, 205-pound forward, committed to Ohio on June 3rd and signed in the early period. He was Ohio's top ranked signee and is regarded as the No. 99 player in the 2014 class.

At that time, Owens also considered interest from Rhode Island, Temple, Miami, Virginia Tech and Cincinnati.

Owens finished his high school career at Baltimore (Md.) Mt. Zion Prep.

[quote name="WayneHoosier" post="57032" timestamp="1396477532"]That boy is skinny. He needs a Big Mac Attack. Could be a good long term prospect, not convinced he'll contribute much in year one.[/quote]

He would probably sit out a year, so if we could get him, Je'ney would have an entire year to bulk him up before he ever sees the floor. That would work nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

During his junior year his team came from behind 15pts in regulation on the road to eventually win in overtime.  Fast forward to 2:47 to hear from Tariq.  Good competitive fight in this player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTv1al6zJOs

Could be a good long term prospect, not convinced he'll contribute much in year one.

Not sure what big on the radar at this time will. Next year's list doesn't look good either. Buckle up. It's unfortunate we couldn't take advantage of Vonleh and JB2.

Not sure what big on the radar at this time will. Next year's list doesn't look good either. Buckle up. It's unfortunate we couldn't take advantage of Vonleh and JB2.

Daniel Giddens?

Doral Moore?

Zimmerman?

I heard Moore is shooting up the rankings. Low chances on these guys probably why we are working so hard on Spaulding. Spaulding not too impressive to me yet.

Daniel Giddens?

Doral Moore?

Zimmerman?

I heard Moore is shooting up the rankings. Low chances on these guys probably why we are working so hard on Spaulding. Spaulding not too impressive to me yet.

They have offers and that's about it . IMO. We offered 2 new PF a week or so ago if that tells you anything (Ahmad/Spalding). It's ugly.

Giddens passed right by IU and took a visit to OSU. We ain't stealing any bigs going forward. At what point does McClain's job kick in? He's our bigs guy right?

Yes he is. Something's gotta give. If back to back Bigs in the lottery can't recruit itself, when does one ask, WTF is going on?

It literally doesn't make sense. Very few teams can proclaim 3 lottery picks in 2 years. Yet back to back Bigs, and continue to lose guys to "lesser" programs historically.

I am officially baffled!!!!!!

However, I am stoked about seeing JB2 play this year. But I am seriously worried about our programs immediate future.

[quote name="mdn82" post="57078" timestamp="1396488087"]Not sure we have that luxury my man. [/quote]

The luxury of getting him? Probably not. But it would be a nice scenario.

The luxury of getting him? Probably not. But it would be a nice scenario.

The luxury of having a big sit for a year.  If they release him from his LOI, he can play instantly.  If not he will have to sit.  

[quote name="mdn82" post="57103" timestamp="1396491206"]The luxury of having a big sit for a year. If they release him from his LOI, he can play instantly. If not he will have to sit. [/quote]

Oh yeah that's right. I was thinking he's already in school. So many transfers I'm starting to get them mixed lol.

Oh yeah that's right. I was thinking he's already in school. So many transfers I'm starting to get them mixed lol.

They really have no need to.  If it comes down to him just wanting to play for a higher profile school, that is crappy on his part.  They should hold his feet to the fire and make him sit out a year.  This late in the game?  Yeah that kind of screws them pretty bad.