Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
NotTheReal HoosierHoopster

Indiana Rivals predicts us to finish 9th next season

Well, we finished 9th this year... Lose Will's leadership and performance and Vonleh. No big men... You could see why from the outside next year looks bleak. I mean, we lost to the three teams below us. 

If we had beaten those teams though, we would have been 10-8 in conference. Thats good for tied with Ohio State at 5th place. I'm not sure how the other teams in conference are supposed to look next year, but if everyone were to progress an average amount and we simply win the games we are supposed to, we could be tied for 5th. 

If the boys put the work in and Crean can figure out a way to sure up the post... we can compete next year IMO. Its very hard to predict at this point in the year. 

I would love if Vic could come back and show the team a thing or two about pushing yourself

If the predictor believes he has enough data to accurately predict IU's relative position next year without even knowing the eventual  rosters of the various schools, he is, of course, an idiot.  However, if he made the prediction as a way to sell an agenda, it may be an effective ploy to sway the intellectually challenged toward his way of thinking.

I don't understand the logic behind the 9th place finish...

Yogi is going to be one of the top 2 or 3 PG's in the country next season. If Troy Williams does anything to improve his jumpshot, there's 12-15PPG, Blackmon is a stud. Can get his own shot, hit the deep 3 with accuracy, and can go to the basket. He's one of the more dynamic scorers IU has landed in a while. Not as athletic as Eric Gordon. Reminds me more of AJ Guyton.. Stan is only going to improve. Sure the frontcourt is a bit of a question mark now, but with that kind of firepower on the wing, as long as someone can rebound and block shots, I don't think much of the scoring will come from down low.

I am actaully excited for 2014-2015. Much more excited than this season. I predict a top 5 finish and a tournament berth.

I don't understand the logic behind the 9th place finish...

Yogi is going to be one of the top 2 or 3 PG's in the country next season. If Troy Williams does anything to improve his jumpshot, there's 12-15PPG, Blackmon is a stud. Can get his own shot, hit the deep 3 with accuracy, and can go to the basket. He's one of the more dynamic scorers IU has landed in a while. Not as athletic as Eric Gordon. Reminds me more of AJ Guyton.. Stan is only going to improve. Sure the frontcourt is a bit of a question mark now, but with that kind of firepower on the wing, as long as someone can rebound and block shots, I don't think much of the scoring will come from down low.

I am actaully excited for 2014-2015. Much more excited than this season. I predict a top 5 finish and a tournament berth.

Me too.  I'm past all the doom & gloom thoughts for now.  Definitely looking forward to seeing how the team shapes up for next season.  Somehow I think we will get back on track and improve quite a bit as a team. 

I think we need to see who is on campus by the end of summer to have any idea.  Obviously we aren't heading into next season with so few scholarship players.  That will go a long way in telling me how we look.  

[quote name="Stuhoo" post="57159" timestamp="1396529803"]Nebraska was predicted to finish 12th out of 12 last year. Purdont was predicted to finish about seventh.

Means less than nothing. [/quote]

^^ This ^^

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

[quote name="Baltimore Hoosier" post="57296" timestamp="1396552967"]I don't understand the logic behind the 9th place finish...

Yogi is going to be one of the top 2 or 3 PG's in the country next season. If Troy Williams does anything to improve his jumpshot, there's 12-15PPG, Blackmon is a stud. Can get his own shot, hit the deep 3 with accuracy, and can go to the basket. He's one of the more dynamic scorers IU has landed in a while. Not as athletic as Eric Gordon. Reminds me more of AJ Guyton.. Stan is only going to improve. Sure the frontcourt is a bit of a question mark now, but with that kind of firepower on the wing, as long as someone can rebound and block shots, I don't think much of the scoring will come from down low.

I am actaully excited for 2014-2015. Much more excited than this season. I predict a top 5 finish and a tournament berth.[/quote]never mentioned devin I think he will improve and play a roll

Sent from my SCH-I535 using BtownBanners mobile app

All I can say is that if IU looses more than 12 games next season, Glass will be under unbelievable pressure to dump Crean. I expect next season to be very similar to this season with maybe 14 or 15 looses and that should be the end of Crean. Then it will be up to Glass to earn his pay and get a top coach that can really be a game coach.

All I can say is that if IU looses more than 12 games next season, Glass will be under unbelievable pressure to dump Crean. I expect next season to be very similar to this season with maybe 14 or 15 looses and that should be the end of Crean. Then it will be up to Glass to earn his pay and get a top coach that can really be a game coach.

Not to be the English Nazi, but this is probably the most common mistake I always see. It is loses and losses, not looses. 

He really should do it now. Not just for last season, but for the state of the program next season and for the state of recruiting.

I can understand the prediction. My only thought is that there is a lot of time before the season starts. I will wait until the end of summer to start panicing.

You might save that panic button for the first day of practice in the fall to see who shows up and who's healthy.

I expect a season turnover rate of about 22% next year

will be interesting to see if we learn to feed the post over the offseason

Why learn now? They (likely) won't have anyone that deserves to be fed.