Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Hollowell & Etherington transferring..

[quote name="schoosier" post="53068" timestamp="1395713575"]Let's see if we can count the number of our players who weren't stoned or drunk on one hand. Damn, our team is resembling the early ABA teams with the substance abuse issues. After the drug issue with Sampson, I thought we would never go down this road again. It appears its much worse than that.[/quote] Left hand: Will, Fagan, Yogi, Davis, Marlin. Right hand: Gordon, Etherington, Calomeris, Howard, Vonleh Left big toe: Wayer Right big toe: Hartman So yeah.... Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

[quote name="coachmayhew" post="53021" timestamp="1395710559"]I know I am late on this but basketball4u was right about this. I had doubted him but now seems legit to me until proven wrong. Thanks for the info ball4u

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using BtownBanners mobile app[/quote]
Thanks and I will give you only what I know ..and observe and if it is my opinion I will let you know that too

Sent from the gym using BtownBanners

[quote name="8bucks" post="53054" timestamp="1395712226"]Should we also then conclude that the other part of his posts about players not respecting coach were true too? If so, how does this reconcile with Doc Libby's comments saying the opposite?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote]
Has a vested interest ..think about this..t

Has a vested interest ..think about this..t

Just out of honest disclosure, do you have any friends or "favorites" who were or are members of the team? 

Left hand: Will, Fagan, Yogi, Davis, Marlin.

Right hand: Gordon, Etherington, Calomeris, Howard, Vonleh

Left big toe: Wayer

Right big toe: Hartman

So yeah....

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

The lefties would be Troy, Stan, Hollowell, Etherington, Davis. All of these names have come up in that conversation and I didn't start it just read it here. No mention of any of this has been released by the university so its all speculation regarding discipline or breaking university policy.
The partiers would include Will which has been mentioned and Perea.
The others you mention one I've never heard of and three others walkons unless you count Howard which is five.

[quote name="EvilleAngler" post="53092" timestamp="1395715633"]Just out of honest disclosure, do you have any friends or "favorites" who were or are members of the team? [/quote]
I would say this is true to some extent

[quote name="schoosier" post="53097" timestamp="1395716718"]The lefties would be Troy, Stan, Hollowell, Etherington, Davis. All of these names have come up in that conversation and I didn't start it just read it here. No mention of any of this has been released by the university so its all speculation regarding discipline or breaking university policy.
The others you mention one I've never heard of and three others walkons unless you count Howard which is five.[/quote]

You just proved my point. You "heard" that this guy has partied and "read" that someone failed a drug test, so apparently our team has a drug problem? Also, pretty sure walk-ons are still part of this team. And I mentioned someone you've never heard of? Might need to check out a roster when you get the chance.

The lefties would be Troy, Stan, Hollowell, Etherington, Davis. All of these names have come up in that conversation and I didn't start it just read it here. No mention of any of this has been released by the university so its all speculation regarding discipline or breaking university policy.
The others you mention one I've never heard of and three others walkons unless you count Howard which is five.

If it's true the university may not want to report that players had failed multiple drug tests and the coach still started them.  May not be good for PR.  Sounds like the staff really tried to sweep it under the rug too.

[quote name="IU Hoosier41" post="53106" timestamp="1395717600"]Not to make excuses, but players smoking weed isn't anywhere NEAR the same level of drug issues on the Samscum team. The views from society on weed are changing every day. It won't be long before it's legal EVERYWHERE. I wouldn't worry too much about the use of marijuana... It's so common and prevalent now you have to try and avoid it.[/quote] Pretty much how I feel. Would much rather it be marijuana than cocaine or something else. Sounds harsh but oh well.

Left hand: Will, Fagan, Yogi, Davis, Marlin. Right hand: Gordon, Etherington, Calomeris, Howard, Vonleh Left big toe: Wayer Right big toe: Hartman So yeah.... Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Your left hand needs a couple of fingers chopped off...

Not to make excuses, but players smoking weed isn't anywhere NEAR the same level of drug issues on the Samscum team.  The views from society on weed are changing every day.  It won't be long before it's legal EVERYWHERE.  I wouldn't worry too much about the use of marijuana... It's so common and prevalent now you have to try and avoid it.

Yes, but the point remains that it's NOT legal right now, so they're breaking the law by smoking weed in the state of Indiana.  Whether or not it ends up being legal in a few years means absolutely nothing.  When it's legal, I won't care.  Right now, I don't want them doing it.

[quote name="2Much" post="53108" timestamp="1395717843"]Your left hand needs a couple of fingers chopped off...[/quote]

Please enlighten me about what you read on message boards and twitter.

And I don't think asking for context/sourcing on why to trust someone with these allegations is unfair

It's not unfair, but it's just not going to happen.  Let's say someone reveals his source -- "Well, I play golf with Player X's dad and he was the one who told me those things."  Guess what happens next?  Player X's dad finds out that his golfing buddies are spreading the info around on the internet and golf conversations suddenly get a lot less interesting.  No more info for anyone.  It's up to you whether or not you trust unsourced info, and no one blames people who don't, but just because a source isn't revealed doesn't automatically mean the info is wrong.

We really expect everyone on the team to be clean and pure?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Apparently some do.. and that every other team is too. Except ky of course. 

We really expect everyone on the team to be clean and pure?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

No, but I think some of us expect them to be treated fairly and according to the rules if they happen to get caught doing things that aren't.

No, but I think some of us expect them to be treated fairly and according to the rules if they happen to get caught doing things that aren't.

oh yeah, wasn't sure if it was you but this post proves it.. youre the Ron Patterson guy from hsn..

Yes, but the point remains that it's NOT legal right now, so they're breaking the law by smoking weed in the state of Indiana.  Whether or not it ends up being legal in a few years means absolutely nothing.  When it's legal, I won't care.  Right now, I don't want them doing it.

Do you care about the players drinking?  The whole team (majority under 21) has been drinking this year.  It's college, so I don't see anything wrong with that?  It's illegal as well, do you feel the same way about that?

oh yeah, wasn't sure if it was you but this post proves it.. youre the Ron Patterson guy from hsn..

Yes.  The same one who said in the middle of the 2012-2013 season that Jeremy Hollowell had been caught smoking pot and was told by everyone that I couldn't say that because I couldn't prove that it was true.  The same one who said that Crean had different standards for different players as to what discipline was handed out for the same violations of team rules, but was told by everyone that I couldn't say that because Crean was running a completely clean program where no one would violate team rules.  Yes, I'm that guy.