Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Hollowell & Etherington transferring..

Dustin Dopirak ‏@DustinDopirak  3m
Per a source, Indiana redshirt sophomore Austin Etherington has asked for his release.

Alex Bozich ‏@insidethehall  46s
IU has confirmed that Austin Etherington and Jeremy Hollowell are transferring. #iubb
Edited by ccgeneral

My only beef with AE leaving is that he was one of IU's biggest recruiting cheerleader.  He got guys to come to Indiana and be a part of something special, now that those guys are gone he gets tossed to the side.

That is 3 guys this year that have left the program, one for obvious reasons, the other two we may never know why the change of heart...

My only beef with AE leaving is that he was one of IU's biggest recruiting cheerleader.  He got guys to come to Indiana and be a part of something special, now that those guys are gone he gets tossed to the side.

That is 3 guys this year that have left the program, one for obvious reasons, the other two we may never know why the change of heart...

I missed it.. when was AE "tossed to the side"?

didn't answer my question... he was playing more and more minutes.

All his friends are gone... 

Maybe "tossed to the side" was the wrong use of words.  Should of read - "now he wants to leave"

Just not sure how you go from - "IU's #1 Cheerleader" to "Get Me the Hell Outta Here"

It's especially tough to see in state kids want out, that being said If he doesn't want to stay, let him go. #ontothenext

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Agreed.  Just disheartening to see this, I've always liked Austin.  Saw him a ton of times in high school, kids has a great passion and spirit.  Wish he wouldn't feel compelled to leave, but if he wants to go, he goes.

Just not so sure that there isn't something bigger at play here.  Crean has been known to blame his players for a number of mistakes this season, maybe that is finally catching up to him, and guys we thought would be 4 year guys are thinking about their time at IU.

[quote name="EvilleAngler" post="52547" timestamp="1395679965"]Not sure what Hollowell wants... if he was producing in games he would get more time. Get your self-confidence up JH, play harder. play better. [/quote]

Maybe a little reassurance from
crean could motivate him into a big summer. It shouldn't be that way but who knows.

Not sure what Hollowell wants... if he was producing in games he would get more time. Get your self-confidence up JH, play harder. play better. 

Maybe Hollowell WANTS to leave.

Maybe "tossed to the side" was the wrong use of words.  Should of read - "now he wants to leave"

Just not sure how you go from - "IU's #1 Cheerleader" to "Get Me the Hell Outta Here"

The second phrase is far less harsh. Saying "he was tossed aside" means Crean just used to him as a means to get other players, and once his use ran up Crean told him to get lost. "Now he wants to leave" has a completely different meaning.