Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
maxwell

(2014) PF Anthony Lee to OSU

Hartman is either going to accept that he's a role player for us and won't really see the floor or he's gone for sure. Look at the class we have coming in. They're taking any minutes he would have had. Jurkin has either been hurt from day one of CTC really doesn't trust him to play. 

I'd agree, but if Hartman continues to polish his game, he could become an Etherington type of role player. I'm not sure about Jurkin's talent and injuries, but I don't think he could play elsewhere either. So why not continue to get your education paid for and try to crack the rotation by his senior year?

I'd agree, but if Hartman continues to polish his game, he could become an Etherington type of role player. I'm not sure about Jurkin's talent and injuries, but I don't think he could play elsewhere either. So why not continue to get your education paid for and try to crack the rotation by his senior year?

Well, he could do that. But the kid wants to ball I'm sure. Much like Bawa, he was raw and the experiment failed. He can play solid minutes at a mid-major. But if he likes the bench, he can ride the pine and try to crack the rotation. 

Well, he could do that. But the kid wants to ball I'm sure. Much like Bawa, he was raw and the experiment failed. He can play solid minutes at a mid-major. But if he likes the bench, he can ride the pine and try to crack the rotation. 

I agree completely with you. Just playing devil's advocate. I think it would benefit him to transfer unless his injuries are just too much for any program to handle, which is a definite possibility when you're that tall. I think if he can get a chance to play more minutes elsewhere, it would be a good choice to transfer, just not sure it's going to happen.

With Hartman's injury I can't imagine he's going anywhere, at least not this offseason. It would look really bad for Crean & IU - like we ran the kid off after he got injured because of the injury, regardless of the actual circumstances.

just saw this, kind of fits since there is some speculation going on in this thread

Doesn't mean he won't leave of course

Was he responding to reports of JH leaving? Would guess he is but what/who is he responding to?

Say what you want about hollowell but I believe he would be a big loss if he left .. He's had to be humbled after this past year.. I'd expect a leap from him this coming year.. That's of course if he were to stay.. The kid has to much talent to play how he had.. I'm hoping he stays. I may be too loyal tho..

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

The fact this his coach even has to let the fanbase and media know JH is all in shows something. I like JH and I hope he stays, but after getting benched and being so lethargic all season I thought he had dialed out. 

Has it already been said on here that this was the guy who got blocked by CWat in the 2nd round to secure our win over temple last year? I'm sure he doesn't hold a grudge over us on that...

Has it already been said on here that this was the guy who got blocked by CWat in the 2nd round to secure our win over temple last year? I'm sure he doesn't hold a grudge over us on that...

You're really stretching for something to fret about but yes it's been mentioned. 

It doesn't sound like he holds a grudge at all considering he's tweeting with one of our players. That's a large stretch and was over two years ago

It doesn't sound like he holds a grudge at all considering he's tweeting with one of our players. That's a large stretch and was over two years ago

It was one year ago, but that's beside the point. He has named us a leader, so I'd say the WatSwat has NOTHING to do with his recruitment. It's a block. I'm pretty sure there was more to that game than one block.

[quote name="dalton26" post="52668" timestamp="1395686881"]Every player gets blocked at some point. I doubt he even cares about it.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app[/quote]

He also swatted the hell out of zeller [attachment=635:ImageUploadedByBtownBanners1395693262.988659.jpg]

@JakePavorsky: Keep hearing Iowa State is the frontrunner to land former Temple big man Anthony Lee.

Someone asked earlier about visits. He has, or at least had like yesterday, a visit scheduled 4/11 to Iowa St, That would support the ISU being the front runner tweet above. He said he will visit Indiana. He didn't say that about the other 3 on the list so you can start to form an order.

I think its quick to keep in mind these 5th year, and really, transfers are not typical recruitments. It happens pretty fast, so the recruit is learning about what schools have to offer pretty quickly. Seems to be more fluid, and erratic if there are not specific ties to another program, imo, which seems to be the case here.