Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
maxwell

(2014) PF Anthony Lee to OSU

This seems to be a pretty intense recruiting fight, just based on reading this thread. People went from thinking we were a sure thing for him to now we aren't going to get him. Hopefully we do obviously, and still wouldn't be opposed to looking at other transfers. 

[quote name="eddiejsmall" post="54507" timestamp="1395935361"]I think these late to the game recruitment leaks are part of the negotiation process. Nothing says I'm a hot commodity to schools more then throwing in a few big names AFTER you cut your list.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote]

Could be part of the handlers idea :)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

[quote name="IU Hoosier41" post="54514" timestamp="1395935891"]Could be part of the handlers idea :)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote]

My thinking EXACTLY!

This seems to be a pretty intense recruiting fight, just based on reading this thread. People went from thinking we were a sure thing for him to now we aren't going to get him. Hopefully we do obviously, and still wouldn't be opposed to looking at other transfers. 

I know some seemed to think he was a sure thing but I never did. It's playing out pretty much like I thought it would. Lots of competition for him. I'm not expecting we get him at all. Hope so, but I don't have great confidence in it and never did. 

There, how's that for some sunshine pumping?   

I know some seemed to think he was a sure thing but I never did. It's playing out pretty much like I thought it would. Lots of competition for him. I'm not expecting we get him at all. Hope so, but I don't have great confidence in it and never did. 

There, how's that for some sunshine pumping?   

I never think we're a sure fire thing for anyone, though I don't follow much recruiting outside of what CCGeneral gives us. And yeah hoping we get him too, don't think it is make or break for next year though

I think it is intense and it's important to note that we were one of the first to show Lee that he was a high priority. There are several schools trying to secure his services, but for a variety of reasons. I just think that IU has the situation that he initially was looking for. Visiting him to jog his memory was a good idea.

[quote name="TheWatShot" post="54602" timestamp="1395944670"]After his Georgetown visit, Twitter was buzzing that the Hoyas were his favorite. He dropped them the next day.

Let's not be like the drama queens on the other IU boards. [/quote]

Exactly. I think everyone is overreacting. To me this kid knows what he ultimately wants, which is probably a starting spot (he's a senior) on a team with a good shot to win and where he can showcase his skills. Right now, everywhere he's looking at can provide most of that for him and he just wants to make sure he sees what everyone has to offer.

People are flipping out that we are definitely gonna lose him because he's visiting or being looked at by different schools and generating lots of buzz, but you have to realize that when any well regarded prospect visits ANY school the buzz tends to trend in that school's direction for at least a little while.

[quote name="LockdownD" post="54528" timestamp="1395936353"]I think it is intense and it's important to note that we were one of the first to show Lee that he was a high priority. There are several schools trying to secure his services, but for a variety of reasons. I just think that IU has the situation that he initially was looking for. Visiting him to jog his memory was a good idea.[/quote]

We were first because we were the only ones not playing anymore...

Not a trolling post, just facts :)

Do we really want him reading everything that we discuss on here about our coach and team? He might have already seen it, but no need to bring it to his attention. We want him to come to IU.

Do we really want him reading everything that we discuss on here about our coach and team? He might have already seen it, but no need to bring it to his attention. We want him to come to IU.

Oh hell no I didn't mean link it to him. I meant as a generalization. I don't want any recruits or prospects knowing how ridiculous we all are