Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Derby Festival Classic April 18 @ 7 pm ET

[quote name="ccgeneral" post="60499" timestamp="1397787578"]Some video of Max and RJ in the 3pt contest. I believe there is a replay in the link above on this.

[url="http://www.insidethehall.com/2014/04/17/video-hoetzel-johnson-night-future-stars/"]http://www.insidethehall.com/2014/04/17/video-hoetzel-johnson-night-future-stars/[/url][/quote]

Great rebound by the little kid around the :48 mark in RJs video! Back on topic; Max and Robert both have a great shooting stroke. Good sign

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

As much as I liked Will, I think Max is already a better shooter. Although, also quite unlikely Max has Will's springs.

I am much more intrigued by Max than I was for Hartman or Etherington. Max is a CONFIDENT shooter.

Hartman is supposed to be a shooter too, he definitely has a good looking shot.  Problem is he's not a fit for the 3 in this offense, not real athletic and from what I've seen Hoetzel is similar athletically.  Hartman may not be a bad 4, but he's not big enough for the 4 and he's always played the 3.  He only took 11 shots (made 5) total all year so we really don't have enough to judge him on, plus this offense is so predicated on a player creating their own shot we're not going to a play designed to get him a shot.

Hartman is the kind of player that you take and let him develop for a couple years and maybe he can contribute as an upperclassmen.

Hartman is supposed to be a shooter too, he definitely has a good looking shot. Problem is he's not a fit for the 3 in this offense, not real athletic and from what I've seen Hoetzel is similar athletically. Hartman may not be a bad 4, but he's not big enough for the 4 and he's always played the 3. He only took 11 shots (made 5) total all year so we really don't have enough to judge him on, plus this offense is so predicated on a player creating their own shot we're not going to a play designed to get him a shot.

Hartman is the kind of player that you take and let him develop for a couple years and maybe he can contribute as an upperclassmen.

Good reply, but I am not convinced he is that good of a shooter. He regressed or at least didnt advance in his senior high school season. Saw minimal court time this past year and was underwhelming. Then comes injury. Not on a good track record. Like u say, it's a gamble on if he becomes a prolific shooter but I wouldn't count on it. Good scout team player for mid major opponents. Too harsh?

[quote name="WayneHoosier" post="61031" timestamp="1397940497"]Good reply, but I am not convinced he is that good of a shooter. He regressed or at least didnt advance in his senior high school season. Saw minimal court time this past year and was underwhelming. Then comes injury. Not on a good track record. Like u say, it's a gamble on if he becomes a prolific shooter but I wouldn't count on it. Good scout team player for mid major opponents. Too harsh?[/quote]

I don't think it was too harsh. I'm also with you that he hasn't convinced that he can be a good shooter. His shot really doesn't look that good (pulls it behind his head and shoots on the way down) and he didn't just miss when he had open looks, he missed bad. Small sample size to completely write him off and you can't take away the fact he plays with a ton of heart. Only time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

As much as I liked Will, I think Max is already a better shooter. Although, also quite unlikely Max has Will's springs.

I am much more intrigued by Max than I was for Hartman or Etherington. Max is a CONFIDENT shooter.

You and me both.  He is a 3 that has beautiful form already.  All he needs is reps.  You hear about his work ethic.  I am actually cautiously optimistic for that one.  Will was very under the radar like Max.  Will transferred into a school with a top big, just like Max.  I was excited to hear about his hops.  That will go a long way in him getting even more time.  We need shooters, but if he can move beyond shooting, then we are very happy.  

Good reply, but I am not convinced he is that good of a shooter. He regressed or at least didnt advance in his senior high school season. Saw minimal court time this past year and was underwhelming. Then comes injury. Not on a good track record. Like u say, it's a gamble on if he becomes a prolific shooter but I wouldn't count on it. Good scout team player for mid major opponents. Too harsh?

I think it's too early to make that kind of assessment though.  He was a freshman and most freshman are not ready to contribute.  11 shots is a negligible sample size.  I specifically remember a good move he made early in the year, he pump faked the defender on the perimeter then drove and had a nice pull up in the mid range with a good high release nothing but net.  I never expected much from him this year, but I thought he could be a decent contributor as an upperclassmen if he had the chance to develop.