Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Hwy 1

IU Fans sabotaging the coach

My favorite IU memory (at the 12:00 mark on):  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5F_YIblAvw 

Also, if you read the comments someone posted "Get rid of Crean and we'll be back there sooner."  Makes me laugh, even 3 years ago when this was posted...

[quote name="NapsFinest" post="50148" timestamp="1395281209"]My favorite IU memory (at the 12:00 mark on): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5F_YIblAvw

Also, if you read the comments someone posted "Get rid of Crean and we'll be back there sooner." Makes me laugh, even 3 years ago when this was posted...[/quote]

This video makes me sad I have flagged it as spam

[quote name="mdn82" post="50155" timestamp="1395282488"]Ha, I remember that night. Shockingly. I was in Bloomington that night. We took to the streets. Everyone. [/quote]

Man i bet that was a scene that will never be forgotten

Ha, I remember that night.  Shockingly.  I was in Bloomington that night.  We took to the streets.  Everyone.

I always wondered who in the hell that guy was who grabbed me and kissed me outside of Nick's that night. That was awkward, bro.

Recruits do come to these types of places.  As a Mod, I know that for a fact.  I mean hell, we have been fortunate enough to have Yogi's mom posting here for a little while now.  As for the article and sabotage, it has been that way since Knight left.  Everyone is measured up against a top 3 coach of all time.  Everyone is inadequate compared to him.  Outside of Coach K and Billy D, I don't think there is a top 20 coach in the history of this game coaching at the college level now.  So in that respect, I think no matter who we have people will continue to act this way.  Even when we win a title again it will turn into wondering why we don't win 3 titles in less than 15 years.  Knight did it...  It will always come back to that for some.  I honestly don't know another school that has the loyalty to one man that IU has had for Knight.  The way it ended did not allow people closure.  We still have this 15 years after the fact.  Some of it is about Crean, but not all of it.

if Crean was winning we wouldn't be having this conversation. Winning big sells recruits and its not the internets fault for losing them.

if Crean was winning we wouldn't be having this conversation. Winning big sells recruits and its not the internets fault for losing them.

There are lots of factors that contribute to recruitng... winning is a big part of that, but so are facilities, playing time, team chemistry, culture, coaching relationships, and fan participation/attitude.  Okonoboh went to UNLV, not Duke, Florida, Ohio St or Indiana.  

There are lots of factors that contribute to recruitng... winning is a big part of that, but so are facilities, playing time, team chemistry, culture, coaching relationships, and fan participation/attitude.  Okonoboh went to UNLV, not Duke, Florida, Ohio St or Indiana.  

It was rumored that Goodluck dumped us over an incident at an IU Frat party. 

It was rumored that Goodluck dumped us over an incident at an IU Frat party. 

If this is true then I think this reiterates the point I was trying to make and ultimately the point of the article (although the article seemed a bit over the top to me).

Like I said, a rumor (from a previous forum). I really don't know if it's true or not but some swore it happened. It made sense at the time because everyone thought he was a lock at IU then he was outta here after the visit.

If this is true then I think this reiterates the point I was trying to make and ultimately the point of the article (although the article seemed a bit over the top to me).

... and that's why I said it

[quote name="Hwy 1" post="50281" timestamp="1395328610"]Like I said, a rumor (from a previous forum). I really don't know if it's true or not but some swore it happened. It made sense at the time because everyone thought he was a lock at IU then he was outta here after the visit.[/quote]

Is there any info on what happened at the party?

I don't remember details and I think they were sketchy anyhow... but something about a fight over the players showing up at the party, maybe "stealing" frat boy beer and girls...  Don't take my word on that. Just seems like that was the story, I could be off and again, it was a rumor. I'm not saying it happened. I don't know.

[quote name="Hwy 1" post="50286" timestamp="1395328961"]I don't remember details and I think they were sketchy anyhow... but something about a fight over the players showing up at the party, maybe "stealing" frat boy beer and girls... Don't take my word on that. Just seems like that was the story, I could be off and again, it was a rumor. I'm not saying it happened. I don't know.[/quote]

Oh come on. They could've sacrificed some beer and ladies for Goodluck. We really needed him, so in the future if frat guys could take some for the team, that would be GREAT.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Oh come on. They could've sacrificed some beer and ladies for Goodluck. We really needed him, so in the future if frat guys could take some for the team, that would be GREAT.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

yeah, the Greeks sure sacrificed enough of both for me back in the day and I wasn't even an athlete.

I don't remember details and I think they were sketchy anyhow... but something about a fight over the players showing up at the party, maybe "stealing" frat boy beer and girls...  Don't take my word on that. Just seems like that was the story, I could be off and again, it was a rumor. I'm not saying it happened. I don't know.

Yup, this is the story I've read. It was never confirmed but allegedly they were not invited, some kid got mouthy and threw a plastic handle at Goodluck and the frat boy ended up with a broken eye socket. Of course, theres plenty of reasons to doubt this story. 

You'd think frat kids would like hanging out with athletes. Go figure.

Sucks

If Crean were asked, I wonder if he would see frat boys refusing to give free beer to an underage recruit as an incident of fan sabotage?

Not that I believe the story as told. Doesn't pass the smell test.