Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

EvilleAngler

Fishing chat and pics..

I am majorly bummed.  I just found out the ice is even worse where we are going than it is at home.   :( we won't be able to hit our usual spots.  

Maybe we are sissies, but when you are in an area with no phones, and no chance for help, it doesn't make any sense to get out on the ice, if you are not 100% sure the ice is safe.  

Smart. I'm a little leary even when its pretty good 5-6 inches. Just saw some old video of people walking across the Ohio river in 1978. Crazy!

Went out on the ice for the first time this year. Friggin' snowmachiners were buzzing around my shanti and pissing me off. scared all of the fish away too! It was too cold for me to go out and yell at them. Plus, i didn't want to sound like some old grumpy guy..."get off my ice".

I'd have said something; screw em'.

Went out on the ice for the first time this year. Friggin' snowmachiners were buzzing around my shanti and pissing me off. scared all of the fish away too! It was too cold for me to go out and yell at them. Plus, i didn't want to sound like some old grumpy guy..."get off my ice".

You should have sicked your pet walrus on them!

Grumpy Old Men, awesome movie.

Grumpy Old Men, awesome movie.

Up yours, Gustofson!!!

52872ce311d1c2b7eb4cef69530e0c41.jpg

Doing some Pike fishing today to warm up for the game tonight!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

You lucky bastard. What I wouldn't give for one day of Pike fishing like that. Have still never tried ice fishing though. LOVE to catch pike. What a fight they give!

If you really want to try a winter fishing treat.  Head to Oshkosh, Wisconsin the 2nd weekend in February.  That is the weekend sturgeon spearing starts.  I mean what sport starts with Bloody Mary's or your favorite drink before sunrise?  There have been many years we couldn't get off the ice until sunset because we had to sober up.   (The season ends at noon.)

Wow! Alcohol, sharp spears and walking on ice. Sounds like fun.

Nice haul. I prefer walleye to pike as far as eating goes but I bet they are soooo much better to eat through the ice.

I learned many, many years ago to filet the "Y" bones out of pike. Once you have that down pat, they eat and taste just like Walleye. A buddy of mind told me to cube up some of the nicer sized pike, then boil it, ice it, skewer it, and dip it in hot garlic butter. Tastes remarkably like lobster

5 gallons? wow that should keep you guys warm. Is that northern WI area?

Well the 5 gallons will technically last us two days.  We go really heavy on Saturday, and then cut way back on Sunday.  :)

Oshkosh is in East Central Wisconsin.  About 60 miles south of Green Bay.