Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

EvilleAngler

Fishing chat and pics..

11 hours ago, MoyeNeeded said:

Caught a real nice bag of Rainbows Friday. This was about average size. Had a real nice 23in 2.5 lb one. One of the biggest trout that I have landed down here in Northern KY. Too bad its catch and release season. About 15 would have made a nice family dinner.

20191213_104610.jpg

nice rainbow! i love me some fishin!

On 12/17/2019 at 12:29 PM, Josh said:

What's your favorite reels?  My boss got me a Shimano Sienna 2500 as a housewarming gift, but it's a real turd.  I'm looking to add a couple new ones and would appreciate any suggestions

I don't know if I have a favorite reel.  I have some Shimano's, Diawa's, Mitchell's, Pflueger's, and Shakespeare's.  TBH, I haven't bought a reel in over 10 years.  Rods, jigs, and lures...yes.

I have a couple Shakespeares that are 15 years old and they're great.  The only other one I have is this Shimano, but it doesn't have anti reverse or drag, you have to keep pressure on the reel yourself...it's so weird.  I'm not sure what my new one will be yet but I'm against Shimano forever now.

attachment=8747:59820601919__2F1CE318-1B2E-4FA7-91DD-8F2A6C4F0087.jpg]
It’s a Ford / Chevy debate. Lots of great reels out there and Shimano is one of those. I have many Shimanos including some Sienna 1000’s on crappie rigs. Siennas are definitely the low end of the spectrum for Shimano though. Just like everything else, it’s what you want, what you are going to use it for, and what want to pay for those expectations. Pic above was a couple days ago spider rigging for crappie (16ft rod with a Sienna).

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

59820601919__2F1CE318-1B2E-4FA7-91DD-8F2A6C4F0087.jpg

I have a couple Shakespeares that are 15 years old and they're great.  The only other one I have is this Shimano, but it doesn't have anti reverse or drag, you have to keep pressure on the reel yourself...it's so weird.  I'm not sure what my new one will be yet but I'm against Shimano forever now.

IMG_1136.jpg
Flip your anti reverse switch and the drag setting is on the front of the spool.

This is an older model Sienna than mine.  There is no switch on mine, and it sounds like they've removed the option completely

IMG_4055.jpg
Sorry, my OCD kicked in.
Check to see if it has one of these new little funky switches. They tried to fool me when I got this one.

Just now, Josh said:

18".  I threw him back in to get bigger

I would have as well.  He looks bigger in the pic.  I caught a 22.5"er back in 1991.  Weighed 6lbs.  10 oz.  I got him on the wall.  Almost 30 years later and I haven't came close to that.  I gave up bass fishing 15 years ago or so...but I do catch them going after walleye.

47 minutes ago, Rico said:

I would have as well.  He looks bigger in the pic.  I caught a 22.5"er back in 1991.  Weighed 6lbs.  10 oz.  I got him on the wall.  Almost 30 years later and I haven't came close to that.  I gave up bass fishing 15 years ago or so...but I do catch them going after walleye.

That's depressing!  I caught this one off my backyard seawall, surely (hopefully) I'll get him again.  

Have to say this thread is depressing me I really only started fishing half-@$$ seriously last summer but for the last few days it’s all I have been thinking about now that deer season is about over. I guess I’ll wait for the thaw but it seems like forever away.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners