Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

EvilleAngler

Fishing chat and pics..

1 hour ago, ALASKA HOOSIER said:

ummm...no response. i'm wrong, i know and i promise to never let it happen again. Will there be an NCAA investigation into the matter? If so, take back all that i have said and "no comment".

Holy cow! did anyone know there is an IU bass fishing team? I was looking for some dumb GIF to respond and found the IU bass fishing team website and FB page. It's official, i'm starting a IU ALUM salmon fishing team. who's in?

I took Bass Fishing Techniques at IU.  I got an A!

On 8/15/2019 at 7:01 PM, ALASKA HOOSIER said:

ummm...no response. i'm wrong, i know and i promise to never let it happen again. Will there be an NCAA investigation into the matter? If so, take back all that i have said and "no comment".

Holy cow! did anyone know there is an IU bass fishing team? I was looking for some dumb GIF to respond and found the IU bass fishing team website and FB page. It's official, i'm starting a IU ALUM salmon fishing team. who's in?

Sorry, I just seen this.  I am the co-founder of an Indiana fishing website.  Quite a few years back we had a member that was involved with a Anderson University fishing team.  Going off of memory I recall him not only talking about IU's bass fishing club but Purdue and Ball St. as well.  Seems they had competitions/tournaments among themselves.  Love to hear the college kids wetting a line.

Sorry, I just seen this.  I am the co-founder of an Indiana fishing website.  Quite a few years back we had a member that was involved with a Anderson University fishing team.  Going off of memory I recall him not only talking about IU's bass fishing club but Purdue and Ball St. as well.  Seems they had competitions/tournaments among themselves.  Love to hear the college kids wetting a line.

I was on IU’s Bass Fishing Team while I attended there. Our two major competitions then were against Purdon’t for the “Old Minnow Bucket” and the Big Ten Tournament. For tournaments we would pair with a pro on their boat and fish. Sometimes the tournaments would air on some ESPN Channel. I still have my IU fishing jersey.

Now there is a National tournament that a lot of colleges participate in.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

32 minutes ago, IUsafety said:

I was on IU’s Bass Fishing Team while I attended there. Our two major competitions then were against Purdon’t for the “Old Minnow Bucket” and the Big Ten Tournament. For tournaments we would pair with a pro on their boat and fish. Sometimes the tournaments would air on some ESPN Channel. I still have my IU fishing jersey.

Now there is a National tournament that a lot of colleges participate in.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Great to hear.  I really had no idea other than what I mentioned above.  Thank you.

What's your favorite reels?  My boss got me a Shimano Sienna 2500 as a housewarming gift, but it's a real turd.  I'm looking to add a couple new ones and would appreciate any suggestions

46 minutes ago, Josh said:

What's your favorite reels?  My boss got me a Shimano Sienna 2500 as a housewarming gift, but it's a real turd.  I'm looking to add a couple new ones and would appreciate any suggestions

One of the more enjoyable reels I've got is a Zebco 33, caught a lot of fish with it.  I have a Quantum (can't remember model) that's smooth too.

3 hours ago, JSHoosier said:

One of the more enjoyable reels I've got is a Zebco 33, caught a lot of fish with it.  I have a Quantum (can't remember model) that's smooth too.

A Zebco 33 is a closed spool reel.  I don't remember the last time I used a closed spool

17 minutes ago, Josh said:

A Zebco 33 is a closed spool reel.  I don't remember the last time I used a closed spool

Yeah, it's not an open faced like the Shimano you mentioned.  Great little reel though.

It's been years since I've used an open face reel.

3 hours ago, MoyeNeeded said:

Caught a real nice bag of Rainbows Friday. This was about average size. Had a real nice 23in 2.5 lb one. One of the biggest trout that I have landed down here in Northern KY. Too bad its catch and release season. About 15 would have made a nice family dinner.

20191213_104610.jpg

Where you catching those at? Do you ever fish the tailwater area at Brookville Lake for trout?

5 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

Where you catching those at? Do you ever fish the tailwater area at Brookville Lake for trout?

This came out of Otter Creek just outside of Louisville near Ft Knox. There are 2 areas where you get alot of fisherman. I however, like to hike the stream and hit alot of areas that aren't fished so much. Some rugged trails and the old guys don't like to wade that much. A few honey holes I have away from the masses.