Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

EvilleAngler

Fishing chat and pics..

Ok guys. I’m heading up to Leech a lake, MN after Memorial Day. Definitely yellow perch fishing but hoping to get some evening walleye fishing in too.
Here’s my question being a novice. Should I go with a different rod/reel for walleye? My perch rig is set up with 6# test. Is that robust enough for walleye too? Or should I spoil another rig with 8 or 10#? I plan on using mono with a braided fluorocarbon leader for walleye.
As you can probably tell, I’m fairly new to fishing in general and have never walleye fished before. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

46 minutes ago, RatpigHoosier said:

Ok guys. I’m heading up to Leech a lake, MN after Memorial Day. Definitely yellow perch fishing but hoping to get some evening walleye fishing in too.
Here’s my question being a novice. Should I go with a different rod/reel for walleye? My perch rig is set up with 6# test. Is that robust enough for walleye too? Or should I spoil another rig with 8 or 10#? I plan on using mono with a braided fluorocarbon leader for walleye.
As you can probably tell, I’m fairly new to fishing in general and have never walleye fished before. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I've caught a lot of walleye on 6 but if your fishing a lot of Rocky ledges 8 would be better.Its all about drag settings with light line.

Good luck!

Was in Valdez for the Women's Silver Derby this past weekend. We did pretty good out on my boat. Caught everything in the Pacific Ocean it seems. The women ended with up with a couple 6+ lb. Silver (Coho) Salmon that they weighed in. The weather was exceptionally warm and the Silvers were running deep. I believe the winner of the derby was 13lbs. Which is about 3lbs short of what it should be for this time of year. Heading back down over labor day for the BIG Silver run and hopefully the weather will be shitty so the Silvers are up higher in the water column. I will start posting photos after this with the names of the fish caught.

34847.thumb.jpeg.d0f3e92636eae283de97c1d2ee192b4e.jpeg

While visiting an island in Prince William Sound so the ladies could get a "rest break", Got to do some casts and catch some Pink Salmon off the back of the boat. We actually stayed too long on the island and the tide dropped causing us a scare to get the boat back out to the ocean. it was stuck!

ummm...no response. i'm wrong, i know and i promise to never let it happen again. Will there be an NCAA investigation into the matter? If so, take back all that i have said and "no comment".

Holy cow! did anyone know there is an IU bass fishing team? I was looking for some dumb GIF to respond and found the IU bass fishing team website and FB page. It's official, i'm starting a IU ALUM salmon fishing team. who's in?

24 minutes ago, ALASKA HOOSIER said:

ummm...no response. i'm wrong, i know and i promise to never let it happen again. Will there be an NCAA investigation into the matter? If so, take back all that i have said and "no comment".

Holy cow! did anyone know there is an IU bass fishing team? I was looking for some dumb GIF to respond and found the IU bass fishing team website and FB page. It's official, i'm starting a IU ALUM salmon fishing team. who's in?

Actually, I did.  It's a club team isn't it?