Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mark davidhizar

Kentucky

There won't be another IU/UK game (unless in tourney) for a long time I think, Cal is jealous of Coach Crean and too chicken to play us.

This just goes to show that Cal is willing to play big teams at home. Just not IU. No matter what he says, the environment in Assembly Hall is too much for him. I've come to peace with not playing Kentucky. No point in bending over backwards to play a team/program that has no respect for us. Like Coach said: "We'll wait for them to come to their senses."

Cal knows that this year, his team is under-performing as far as the fans think, and he knows that the weak teams he is playing at home this year won't continue to pacify the doubts some of them are having, so he needed to bring back a series to home and home that will quell some of the misgivings fans are having. He would never chose IU as that team because it would be seen as him giving in, which fans would just hate more. 

I honestly believe that Cal will never forget the way Assembly Hall felt that December day. I think it got in his head and it's always going to stay there. As long as he is the coach at Kentucky they will never play in our building.

I honestly believe that Cal will never forget the way Assembly Hall felt that December day. I think it got in his head and it's always going to stay there. As long as he is the coach at Kentucky they will never play in our building.

You bring up a good point which leads me to ask, how long will he be there? I think you are right, Kentucky will not come back to play at IU while he is coaching and I don't see this going to neutral site either.

In my opinion, I think Cal has found his dream University and he'll be there for a long time to come. Kentucky has a blueblood name to draw All American recruits and he's made his living coaching one and dones to get to the next level. As long as top recruits continue to show interest in Kentucky his job is safe and sound. I think you're right about this series never going neutral site; Crean feels it's a disservice to the students on campus not to see this game and I applaud that. The history and tradition of this great series doesn't matter to Cal. He's going to try and protect his young players from any hostile environment every chance he gets.

This recruiting class was over rated(Kentucky's) and it is starting to show. Noel will go pro, Goodwin stays and the rest won't see the floor next year. That is why , with the class he has coming in, he decides to play Unc.

Cal doesn't want to lose in the state of Indiana in front of all the precious Indianapolis recruits. I'm over UK and everything they stand for, let's replace this game with another big name program like Louisville or Kansas.