Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

I expect Lyle to be very good. We will wish we had him.

I am soooooo glad he is at OSU.  If he were at IU, he would have been in the car with Hanner, Holt, and Bryant.  The only difference is he probably would have punched the cop.

I don't care if he averages 25 points per game of OSU.  We dodged the bullet on this one. 

I am soooooo glad he is at OSU. If he were at IU, he would have been in the car with Hanner, Holt, and Bryant. The only difference is he probably would have punched the cop.

I don't care if he averages 25 points per game of OSU. We dodged the bullet on this one.

Yep this is the one player from the first days of his recruitment I said this about. Nobody close to that area had anything good to say about Jaquan Lyle the person. Suspensions. Beef with other players. Academics. Sure if he only had to show up to practice and games then hell yes. But there isn't a bubble big enough to keep him out of trouble here. Remember, OSU is not a basketball school. Harder to hide him here.

I am soooooo glad he is at OSU.  If he were at IU, he would have been in the car with Hanner, Holt, and Bryant.  The only difference is he probably would have punched the cop.

I don't care if he averages 25 points per game of OSU.  We dodged the bullet on this one. 

Yeah, but then he'd be at some directional school and we wouldn't have to play him. I thought we were just working as a clearing house for high skill players. They come here, they get in trouble, they are no longer a threat to us.

What I meant to say, Blueitt and Yogi had beef? Not Lyle and Yogi

It was DRS and Yogi. Blueitt wanted to be the man where he went. Jaquan Lyle had no beef with anyone. Crean backed away when he couldn't qualify. Just because he could qualify at OSU does not mean he could qualify here.

Matta is comparing Lyle to D'angelo Russell. If so, we missed out on a real player. VERY interested to see how this one plays out.

Still wish we had Trevon Bluiett. Would fit our team very well.

He's an absolute stud. I watched him against Okafor and Jabari Parker (plus some others I'm missing) and he was the most impressive player on the court. Parker was impressive as well. Bluiett, Lyles, Lyle, Okafor, Parker, etc., we're all on the court, so that's saying quite a bit. He did everything. The thing that stuck out the most to me was that he was an intense competitor in that game. The Mac Irvin guys were trying their best to get in his head and all they did was piss him off. He did this another time head to head against Eron Gordon and completely dominated. Look for him to have a great season. If he keeps his body in shape and his behavior in check, he's an NBA player. The ability has always been elite.

He's an absolute stud. I watched him against Okafor and Jabari Parker (plus some others I'm missing) and he was the most impressive player on the court. Parker was impressive as well. Bluiett, Lyles, Lyle, Okafor, Parker, etc., we're all on the court, so that's saying quite a bit. He did everything. The thing that stuck out the most to me was that he was an intense competitor in that game. The Mac Irvin guys were trying their best to get in his head and all they did was piss him off. He did this another time head to head against Eron Gordon and completely dominated. Look for him to have a great season. If he keeps his body in shape and his behavior in check, he's an NBA player. The ability has always been elite.

I have also seen him play in Fort Wayne and he walked off the court with time left and his team losing. He is a pass first PG. If that dude keeps his head, academics, and stays out of trouble he could play in the NBA. I don't think he is a malicious kid but I don't think Stan or Holt were either. Some kids just find trouble. I personally think he is more Michael Chandler than Peyton Siva type. A kid who is talented but can learn to stay out of trouble.

place we were at dude sunk like 18 shots in a row from like 25-30 feet away. It was crazy

My son told me that Jaquan was in Evansville Friday night at a popular bar for 21-25 year olds. If OSU was like IU, they would have had their first practice that day.  It would be hard for Lyle to get to Evansville and get back for a Saturday practice.  I am curious if he is still with the OSU basketball program. 

My son told me that Jaquan was in Evansville Friday night at a popular bar for 21-25 year olds. If OSU was like IU, they would have had their first practice that day.  It would be hard for Lyle to get to Evansville and get back for a Saturday practice.  I am curious if he is still with the OSU basketball program. 

Where are the excise police when you really need them?!?

My son told me that Jaquan was in Evansville Friday night at a popular bar for 21-25 year olds. If OSU was like IU, they would have had their first practice that day. It would be hard for Lyle to get to Evansville and get back for a Saturday practice. I am curious if he is still with the OSU basketball program.

If he plays, he'll hurt us, but he's a cannonball of trouble that we dodged.