Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
HystericalHoosier

Injury Ends Halstead's Season

Wednesday, Ryan Halstead came away from the Hoosiers' tussle with Xaiver with more than he had bargained for. The closer, who leads IU all-time in saves, ended up tearing his ACL when his cleat got caught in the turf as he tried to make a play on a ball hit to his left side.

He will undergo surgery for the tear, ending his season. The Hoosiers still have Scott Effross in the bullpen to carry on the relief duties, but it will still be a big blow to the team who has aspirations of returning to the College World Series.

How will this effect the rest of the season? Only time will tell.  

UPDATE: Halstead just tweeted out: 

Thanks to everyone for all the support I'll be pitching for the Hoosiers again just gotta put that work in first
As far as I can tell, that means he will take a medical redshirt this season, forgo the draft, and come back next year. HUGE

EDIT: I would put the actual tweet in, but my mind is failing me with technology today