• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 sheehey0

sheehey0

Spectator

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:21 PM

Hey guys! I'm new here, but anxious to get involved in the Hoosier community. What do you guys think of our chances next week?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

#2 mamasa

mamasa

G.O.A.T

• 1,124 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:27 PM

Welcome! My 2 cents- depends on which team shows up. If we hit on all cylinders, we're golden. But, if we come out flat (as tonight), we're in trouble. Generic answer, but I've never seen a team like this.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app
"I'm looking for people who understand why we wear the candy striped pants, why it says Indiana on the front, and what that stands for". Coach Tom Crean

#3 Hovadipo

Hovadipo

G.O.A.T

• 4,805 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:28 PM

Not good. We don't play well in the B1G tourney. Or Banker's Life. Hopefully we win in the first round, because I'll be there though.

This game has always been, and will always be, about getting buckets.

#4 sheehey0

sheehey0

Spectator

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:32 PM

Yeah, there's the team that beat Michigan, Iowa, OSU, then there's the team that showed up tonight.

• IU Hoosier41 and mamasa like this

#5 penivolz

penivolz

Spectator

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:36 PM

I'm confident that we'll do well in b10 tourney. We won't win but we'll be proud, as always, to be IU alum.

• mamasa likes this

#6 LIHoosier

LIHoosier

G.O.A.T

• 1,369 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:37 PM

This is predicated on Noah being able to play in the B1G tourney.

I feel like the rest of the season, it'll be all or nothing. They'll either make it to the final more likely if they end up 8th or 9th cuz they play Michigan well or they'll show up in body only for the Thursday game.

“We’re not happy with the Sweet 16 and you fans shouldn’t be either. You should expect more from us than that, and that’s why you guys are the great fans that you are.” - Will Sheehey

#7 OliviaPope40

OliviaPope40

G.O.A.T

• 2,713 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:37 PM

It would be a miracle for us to win the tournament but getting in the big dance may be a problem.

Leaders have to search for the heart on a team, because the person who has it can bring out the best in everybody else- Coach K

#8 Napleshoosier

Napleshoosier

All about the nipples, but I hate the boobs!

• VIP Member
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:38 PM

It could be one of our finest hours.........

• CR3AMnCR1MS0N and hoosierski like this

#9 IU Hoosier41

IU Hoosier41

Administrator

• Founder
  • 5,024 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:51 PM

At this point I won't say anything about our chances at a run in the Big Ten Tournament.  I think it will 100% depend on how we play at Michigan in our next game.  If we show up, compete and challenge them (maybe even win) then I'll have some hope that we might be able to win 2 games.  At this point, we are playing for a couple home games in the NIT tournament.

People will have this debate a ton over the next few weeks, but if we are in the NIT, I want to win the damn thing.  Plenty of people will say they don't care, but with how young our team is, it is extra games, extra practices, tournament experience.  In the long run, the opportunity to improve and play a couple games in the NIT could be more valuable than a 1 and done NCAA trip.

I still think if Indiana beats Michigan, and makes it to the Championship game, they could still get in the dance.

• CR3AMnCR1MS0N, HoosierMez, LockdownD and 1 other like this

Help BtownBanners stay afloat, become a Donor for as little as $2 a month!  (That's one yummy double Cheeseburger).  Options available right -----> HERE.

#10 ou812dude

ou812dude

G.O.A.T

• 1,526 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:59 PM

gonna open up playing Illinois as it stands...then the winner of that game gets Michigan...

#11 BtownBanners

BtownBanners

Starter

• Founder
  • 265 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:11 PM

Yup... So basically we need to Beat 

-Michigan

-Illinois

-Michigan

-MSU/ OSU

to have a glimmer of hope.  Obviously win the championship and you get in.  I still think IU could get in with Winning their next 4.  As that would be beating 5 ranked teams in the last 7 games.  Who knows though, probably would have to win it all.

Help BtownBanners Forums

Doesn't Look better than ??

If you  LOVE  the for ums, you can HELP keep them ALI VE and HEALTHY! 

Donate $2 a month... $0.06/day... It goes a LONG Way.

Become a VIP Premium Donor Today!

#12 Hoosierfan1990

Hoosierfan1990

Bench Mob

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:46 PM

At this point I won't say anything about our chances at a run in the Big Ten Tournament.  I think it will 100% depend on how we play at Michigan in our next game.  If we show up, compete and challenge them (maybe even win) then I'll have some hope that we might be able to win 2 games.  At this point, we are playing for a couple home games in the NIT tournament.

People will have this debate a ton over the next few weeks, but if we are in the NIT, I want to win the damn thing.  Plenty of people will say they don't care, but with how young our team is, it is extra games, extra practices, tournament experience.  In the long run, the opportunity to improve and play a couple games in the NIT could be more valuable than a 1 and done NCAA trip.

I still think if Indiana beats Michigan, and makes it to the Championship game, they could still get in the dance.

My only fear is that if we won the NIT that Crean would want to hang a giant banner in Assembly Hall.

• LIHoosier and HoosierSadaseci like this

#13 OliviaPope40

OliviaPope40

G.O.A.T

• 2,713 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:48 PM

My only fear is that if we won the NIT that Crean would want to hang a giant banner in Assembly Hall.

But but that is our speciality.

Leaders have to search for the heart on a team, because the person who has it can bring out the best in everybody else- Coach K

#14 JSHoosier

JSHoosier

G.O.A.T

• 3,920 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:49 PM

There's already one in there, RMK hung one (I wouldn't have).  If we won the NIT, Crean should just have the year added to the existing banner instead of hanging a new one.

• CR3AMnCR1MS0N and LockdownD like this

"You don't accept in victory what you would not accept in defeat"-  Tom Crean

FIRE DOUG MALLORY!  DO IT NOW!  Thank you

#15 ou812dude

ou812dude

G.O.A.T

• 1,526 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:51 PM

Salty!!

#16 WayneFleekHoosier

WayneFleekHoosier

G.O.A.T

• 2,764 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:06 AM

Win or lose, I love watching IU ball. We truly aren't ready for NCAA this year anyway, sadly. We would get thrashed on a neutral court against a 5 seed anyhow. I agree with other poster that NIT may be a better learning experience than getting embarrassed by a 5 seed. Our record and effort on the court says we are a NIT team all day. Similar to the UK team last year sadly.

#17 CR3AMnCR1MS0N

CR3AMnCR1MS0N

G.O.A.T

• 1,067 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:09 AM

One thing that could help us is that if we get hot in the first game, it could be more likely to carry over each game because the games are back-to-back-to-back-to-back (four days in a row). It could help us sustain momentum.

Also, by the same logic,if we come out sloppy, we are doomed.

Not predicting anything, but in '83 NC State went 17-10 in the regular season then flipped a switch and went nuts winning ACC tourney and riding the momentum all the way to an NCAA title.

Also... anytime Louisville wins it all...

• ou812dude likes this

hancocksig.gif

#18 ou812dude

ou812dude

G.O.A.T

• 1,526 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:14 AM

until we are eliminated...I am holding on to this...

Also... anytime Louisville wins it all...

• coachmayhew and CR3AMnCR1MS0N like this

#19 CampHoosier

CampHoosier

G.O.A.T

• 1,723 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:00 AM

We have a .026% chance of winning it all. We should win our first game. We will probably lose our second. 

#20 djsalway

djsalway

G.O.A.T

• VIP Member
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:08 AM

I believe it's all based upon matchups. If we play a team like Iowa at some point, it plays to our strengths. If we play a team like Minnesota or Nebraska, I think we go down. We play based on the name on the jersey (which I hate).

• IU Hoosier41 likes this

Twitter: @salway99

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

Join Us Today!

Posted Image

Welcome to BtownBanners Forums!

If you were looking for a place to talk sports with fellow Hoosier fans... You've Found it!

As a GUEST, your features and options are very LIMITED!

Become a FREE Member today and you can:
  • Post Topics
  • Reply to Topics
  • Play #IUBBPickem
  • Build a Custom Profile
  • Be Eligible for Prizes and Contests
  • Much Much More!

Please REGISTER to become a Member. It's FREE , It's FAST (Seriously like 10 seconds!) & it's Awesome!

Register Now! (I Love #IUBB) No Thanks (I'm a Purdue Lover)