Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Bobman1

Hoosiers jumping from ADIDAS to Jordan Brand??

I've had Nikes fall about and Adidas hold up fine and never noticed a bit of difference in support.

Sounds like you're buying the wrong Nikes. Go buy some Nike basketball shoes. Ones that cost in the 130-230 range. That covers their simple hyperdunks all the way to their KD's, Kobe's and LeBrons. Go buy a pair of Steph Currys. Then go buy a pair of DRoses. You'll notice. Adidas is fine with soccer cleats and some running shoes. As for basketball shoes? Might as well throw em in the trash.

Sounds like you're buying the wrong Nikes. Go buy some Nike basketball shoes. Ones that cost in the 130-230 range. That covers their simple hyperdunks all the way to their KD's, Kobe's and LeBrons. Go buy a pair of Steph Currys. Then go buy a pair of DRoses. You'll notice. Adidas is fine with soccer cleats and some running shoes. As for basketball shoes? Might as well throw em in the trash.

So translation: "there's a difference, trust me. You just have to drop $150 (or more) to notice it".

So translation: "there's a difference, trust me. You just have to drop $150 (or more) to notice it".

Well yes. You can get a pair of DRoses for $100 probably. That is Adidas top shoe until their Harden signature shoe comes out. When it comes to shoes you gotta spend a little money. No question about it.

Well yes. You can get a pair of DRoses for $100 probably. That is Adidas top shoe until their Harden signature shoe comes out. When it comes to shoes you gotta spend a little money. No question about it.

I only buy Adidas. I've never spent over $75 and they are just fine. No reason to spend all that extra money just to have the swoosh on your shoe. The extra $100 you have to spend is all because of the brand.

I only buy Adidas. I've never spent over $75 and they are just fine. No reason to spend all that extra money just to have the swoosh on your shoe. The extra $100 you have to spend is all because of the brand.

That extra $100 is brand and quality. Especially when you play a bunch.

I spent maybe 70 on my work shoes and I wear them twice as much as my regular shoes.

Just because you think you got a better shoe because you dropped 150 instead 100 doesn't mean you actually did. Most, if not all, of that added cost is the players name being on it. It's the power of marketing.

That extra $100 is brand and quality. Especially when you play a bunch.

No it isn't.  He's right.  You're paying the extra $100 because of the brand.  Nike knows you'll pay the extra money to "wear what everyone else wears."

I'm no fan of Nike, but they sure as hell know what they're doing.

I spent maybe 70 on my work shoes and I wear them twice as much as my regular shoes.

Just because you think you got a better shoe because you dropped 150 instead 100 doesn't mean you actually did. Most, if not all, of that added cost is the players name being on it. It's the power of marketing.

You can wait a few months and buy the same Nikes from Eastbay at 1/3 the price every time new models are released so paying that much for them is silly even if you are a Nike fan. 

I didn't realize that some people actually thought that shoe prices were about quality.  I have a pair of 20 dollar shoes from Walmart that I bought because I couldn't find my work shoes during a move.  They work just fine for me.  I also have a pair of running shoes that I wear.  Grand total was like 70 bucks for 2 pairs of shoes. 

Cool Dad did what he could, got IU a $3 mm./year bump in gear and money. I'm curious to see how Adidas plans to have the same hue of crimson and cream across all sports; I'd love to see actual cream uniforms for our teams.

P.S. Pass on the 'optional' alternate basketball uniform, every attempt has looked like Euro-trash.