Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Homegrown Hoosier

IU Can Win Now Without Zeller Playing His Best

The topic title kind of says it all. Despite Cody's sub-par past few games, the Hoosiers have found a way to beat a Penn State handily (which they should do) and beat an elite and very hot team in Michigan State. While his struggles have been evident, I think it's a great thing as a Hoosier fan to know that despite one of our superstars not playing well, our team can still find a way to beat a team like MSU. Zeller is a very skilled player. For that reason alone, I know he'll be fine! Once he gets back to his normal form, all this talk will go away. But for now, take a step back and appreciate what Indiana Basketball has once again become. They're a team that can compete with anyone, at any time, EVEN IF CODY ZELLER IS HAVING AN OFF NIGHT! This win will do a lot for our confidence going forward. We'll need it heading into the toughest part of our schedule. Hopefully this confidence will get Cody back to his normal beastly self, as I'm sure it will. Either way, time to focus on the next task at hand, beating Purdue. On that note, GO HOOSIERS and BANNER UP!!!

Well said Homegrown. I think a big thing people need to remember when looking at Cody is the impact he has on the game regardless of his stats. Coach Crean always preaches that stats don't drive Cody, winning does. I think there are many situations where he could get his stats, but finds ways to get others involved.

All that said, Indiana is a 6 headed beast. Chop one head off and they keep ok fighting. Love that about this team.

Well said Homegrown. I think a big thing people need to remember when looking at Cody is the impact he has on the game regardless of his stats. Coach Crean always preaches that stats don't drive Cody, winning does. I think there are many situations where he could get his stats, but finds ways to get others involved. All that said, Indiana is a 6 headed beast. Chop one head off and they keep ok fighting. Love that about this team.

Well put! What most people don't think about is that whether Cody is putting up big stats or not, his presence in the game is a huge influence. We wouldn't win the games  we've won without his contributions. Stats are fun things to look at, but at the end of the day, the stat that matters is the the win/loss column.

Well put! What most people don't think about is that whether Cody is putting up big stats or not, his presence in the game is a huge influence. We wouldn't win the games  we've won without his contributions. Stats are fun things to look at, but at the end of the day, the stat that matters is the the win/loss column.

And Plus/ Minus stats.... Shameless Plug lol