Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Indiana-Pride

Tom Izzo

I used to like him a lot as well, but after seeing him cry like he did yesterday, I lost a lot of respect for him. Why would anybody whine that much? He's starting to remind me of Calipari.

He has been whining for a long time. Still think he is a great coach, his kids play hard and as a team. Sometimes I think that guys that have been around a long time and are considered among the best gives them license to get on refs more. The big names rarely get Td up. Reputation has everything to do with that. Still love Izzo because his kids compete and I think he has and develops high character kids. I see why kids like Gary Harris choose to play for him.

I think I would be somewhat histrionic if I were coaching a team in a lion's den like IU knowing my team had to get some calls to keep up/win.......it's just that everyone's histrionics are different. Izzo's is more demonstartive now than early in his career. If you want to see REAL histrionics, watch the Illinois coach...

Izzo might have been a little over the top, but it works. Watch Bo Ryan, he works the refs nonstop and I believe that is why he gets some of the borderline calls. I wish Crean worked them a little more.