Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2017) QB Hunter Johnson to Tennessee to Clemson

http://indiana.247sports.com/Article/Hunter-Johnson-Visits-Indiana-Hoosiers-181513

Indiana is looking ahead to the 2017 class with a keen eye on Brownsburg (Ind.) High quarterback Hunter Johnson.

Hoosiers assistant coach Kevin Johns has been building a relationship with the family, and the two parties connected on Saturday during a visit to Bloomington, highlighted by a spring practice.

“It went well,” Johnson started in.

“I got to talk to Coach Johns a lot. He just said keep working and he talked about how I need to come to camp and he knows I’m a good thrower, and he wants me to get down there early and build some relationships with the coaches over the years.”

The 6-foot-2, 187-pound Johnson liked what he saw from the Indiana football team.

“The practice was just a whole different thing to me,” he said. “I just loved the atmosphere of it. All the guys were into it and excited. The facilities there were unbelievable.”

Johnson also got a chance to meet head coach Kevin Wilson.

“He said he thought I was a good young player and that I would develop over the years,” Johnson recapped.

As the spring continues, Johnson will look to visit Purdue and Northwestern, where his older brother Cole heads into his sophomore year as a linebacker.

I'm from the area and I'm sorry this kid is not what he is made out to be. If he were to commit early before peters (Avon class of 2016) we will lose peters. And I would much rather have Brandon than Johnson. Peters has improved.....significantly and granted Johnson will only be a jr but I don't see the intangibles

I'm from the area and I'm sorry this kid is not what he is made out to be. If he were to commit early before peters (Avon class of 2016) we will lose peters. And I would much rather have Brandon than Johnson. Peters has improved.....significantly and granted Johnson will only be a jr but I don't see the intangibles

Inside knowledge that Peters wouldn't be on the same team as Johnson? For what its worth CKW doesn't care much for early commits, my guess is its unlikely he would even take one from Johnson until the spring/summer of 2016. 

Ah, I see. Thanks for the info!

http://247sports.com/Article/Johnson-Is-An-Army-All-American-36148489

Brownsburg (Ind.) High 2017 quarterback Hunter Johnson was one of the very first players invited to play in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl following his senior season.

The Indianapolis-area standout and No. 1 ranked passer in his class according to 247Sports quickly accepted the invitation. Johnson is the No. 9 player in the country overall.