Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2016) PF Nick Rakocevic

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1712516

The Chicago Elite Classic has emerged as a high quality event over the past few years, as many of Chicago's top teams take on opponents from around the country. The most anticipated matchup this year was Westchester (Ill.) St. Joseph's taking on on Redondo Beach (Calif.) Union. St. Joe's took control early as four-star junior forward Nick Rakocevic led an impressive performance.

It wasn't lost on Nick Rakocevic or his teammates that their game against Redondo Union was the most highly anticipated game of the evening at the UIC Pavilion. It also wasn't lost on Rakocevic -- the No. 66 ranked player in the class of 2016 -- that he would be squaring off against the No. 8 ranked player in the class of 2017, Billy Preston.

Rakocevic responded in a big way. He outdueled Preston by scoring 15 points, grabbing 15 rebounds and blocking five shots while helping to lead St. Joe's to a 70-54 win.

"We wanted to stay aggressive and play together," Rakocevic said. "We just had to block out and play defense. Defense was the key, I thought we played phenomenal defense.

"Billly Preston is a phenomenal player, No. 8 in the country, I had to contain him the whole game. It was a hard job, the kid is skilled and he can do everything. I had to do it for my team."

Rakovevic looks like he has added some bulk to his lean 6-foot-9 frame. That bulk served him well as he played physically in the paint on both ends of the floor. He ran the floor, contested shots and played with some spirit. Not to mention his job on the defensive end was a big part of Preston's 1-for-11 field goal shooting on a five-point, 11-rebound night.

Rakocevic is being heavily recruited by high major programs and he has taken his fair share of visits so far. He's already seen Florida, Wisconsin, UCLA, Indiana, Kansas, Illinois and he said that he wants to hit Texas, Virginia and North Carolina down the road but he's in no rush to cut his list.

Rakocevic has cut his list to 10 schools:  IU, Iowa, Wisconsin, UCLA, Texas, Tennessee, Creighton, So. Cal., Virginia and Miami (FL)  -- my order of listing not his.

That's not a very alphabetical order list.