Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

100percentHoosier

I HATE DAKICH!!!

He's a professional troll. When he thinks IU fans are happy about the team and the coach, he finds something bad to say. When the fanbase turns negative, Dakich is suddenly calling a Tom Crean lovefest from the opening tip. There is often some truth in what he says, but he shades it to go against what he is hearing from IU fans. It's just what he does and what he is paid very well to do.

Dakich rules.

What were you looking for in your sports talk show host and color commentator?

Not all, but most sports radio talk show callers deserve to be berated, if for no other reason than they wasted all that time to ask a Dakich a question on, correct me if I am wrong, a daily 3 hour sports radio talk show LOL.  But I am not really an expert on his caller/callee stuff.  I never listen to that.

I like his interview segments, that is as long as he's got a guy on the show I want to listen to him talk to.  I usually catch some of those on podcast when somebody on a message board posts that an interesting interview took place or is scheduled.

I guess DD is polarizing as a former Hoosier...

some love him, some hate him...

problem for me is...

I remember him as a formidable player on the floor as a Hoosier...

I will always respect him for that...the Dakich that contributed to IU basketball as a player...

we all know the Jordan shut down...but there was more than that...

a 6-5 slow wing with a heart of a lion...

his show is whatever, you like it or you don't , but DD is a part of IU basketball lore...

and I've got his back.

I am really indifferent on Dakich when he is just calling the game.  When I take issue with him is when he becomes holier than thou.  When he talks about how dumb internet fans are, but then tries discussing the things they talk about to put his opinion out there against theirs.  In all honesty, dude reminds me of GoColts.  Polarizing figure.  Some love him, and a lot don't.  People got tired of debating with him, because there was never a debate.  It was always his way, or you were stupid.  If you had a way of doing things he wouldn't do, you were stupid.  I don't mind people who talk to me like that, because it makes them look like the bigger idiot.  I should know, I would get the PMs all of the time from people going off.  At some point, people get tired of that person outside of a select few.  Then, they quietly go away, because there aren't any more people who care to interact with that person.  I should add, I actually liked GC as the commenter when he wasn't playing up the victim role.  After all of these years, he might be the most victimized poster on the internet.  

I am really indifferent on Dakich when he is just calling the game.  When I take issue with him is when he becomes holier than thou.  When he talks about how dumb internet fans are, but then tries discussing the things they talk about to put his opinion out there against theirs.  In all honesty, dude reminds me of GoColts.  Polarizing figure.  Some love him, and a lot don't.  People got tired of debating with him, because there was never a debate.  It was always his way, or you were stupid.  If you had a way of doing things he wouldn't do, you were stupid.  I don't mind people who talk to me like that, because it makes them look like the bigger idiot.  I should know, I would get the PMs all of the time from people going off.  At some point, people get tired of that person outside of a select few.  Then, they quietly go away, because there aren't any more people who care to interact with that person.  I should add, I actually liked GC as the commenter when he wasn't playing up the victim role.  After all of these years, he might be the most victimized poster on the internet.  

Yeah, GC can be very abrasive on the forum.  I've exchanged PMs with him and it's usually pretty pleasant.

Yeah, GC can be very abrasive on the forum.  I've exchanged PMs with him and it's usually pretty pleasant.

Yeah, I never had any issues with him on a personal level.  As a moderator, he is a nightmare.  It isn't because of his views either. I have a lot of similar views as him.  He is probably someone I would sit and have a beer with.  He is just someone that creates drama, then becomes a victim on a message board due to his tone towards others.  Rinse and repeat daily 365 days a year.  

Any good quotes?

Not really. I think he caught him off guard a bit. Bennett said something like, "umm, I'm trying to remember the situation." Mentioned his sister used to coach there (all of this seemed like stalling to some degree) then said it wasn't the right fit at the right time basically.