Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

100percentHoosier

I HATE DAKICH!!!

As over the top as I thought Dakich was during the Purdue game, I thought he was that far opposite tonight loving on IU.  Pretty crazy episode of polar opposites from one night to the other.  I enjoy Dakich's input when he doesn't preach and just calls it like he sees it.

He was bearable tonight. Some nights he starts going off in what seems to me to be an overcompensation mode. I understand he is a broadcaster now and shouldn't show extreme IU favoritism. It's like he takes that to the other extreme some nights. Tonight was one of his better nights. Now if he could just change his voice. Something about it, kind of like fingernails on a chalkboard for me. 

When we are getting killed, like in the Purdue game.  He has to come up with filler.  Didn't have to create the filler in the Iowa game.  Plenty of mostly good stuff to talk about.  I am sure the networks want anything from him they can get,  good or bad, it's better than dead air. Dan's career is about speaking his mind, the more he does, the more money he makes.  I am happy for the guy.  He has carved out a nice career and seems to be enjoying himself while making the big bucks.  I bet most all of us would love to make 6 figures to travel around and talk about sports.

When we are getting killed, like in the Purdue game.  He has to come up with filler.  Didn't have to create the filler in the Iowa game.  Plenty of mostly good stuff to talk about.  I am sure the networks want anything from him they can get,  good or bad, it's better than dead air. Dan's career is about speaking his mind, the more he does, the more money he makes.  I am happy for the guy.  He has carved out a nice career and seems to be enjoying himself while making the big bucks.  I bet most all of us would love to make 6 figures to travel around and talk about sports.

Eh, I'd argue his career is more of getting people to listen to him. A lot of his job is saying something shocking to get people to listen to his show because they want to hear the next thing coming out of his mouth. He probably speaks his mind more often than not, but he will say some outlandish things as well. Saying outlandish things in his job gets more people listening to you, which is the number 1 goal. 

Eh, I'd argue his career is more of getting people to listen to him. A lot of his job is saying something shocking to get people to listen to his show because they want to hear the next thing coming out of his mouth. He probably speaks his mind more often than not, but he will say some outlandish things as well. Saying outlandish things in his job gets more people listening to you, which is the number 1 goal. 

He is a sports shock jock... the lowest form of entertainment. Sadly, one of the most profitable. I can't listen to his show.

I like his show. I think he is pretty funny and doesn't get hyped up in the national opinion. He is over the top at times, but aren't most people when they talk about sports? I feel like I'm listening to a conversation at a bar when I listen to his show.

I like his show. I think he is pretty funny and doesn't get hyped up in the national opinion. He is over the top at times, but aren't most people when they talk about sports? I feel like I'm listening to a conversation at a bar when I listen to his show.

That is fine, some people like that. I expect more from a guy with a sports show than I do from someone at a bar. If I want that I know several bars nearby that can easily fill that niche. Plus, I can spout off back at them. All I can do while listening to DD is call him a %^&^&%$#$# idiot but he can't hear me.  No, I'm not going to call in...