Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

513HoosierJS

You Choose: Oladipo or Zeller

If you had to choose, what would you rathe have: Victor Oladipo at IU for his Senior year or Cody Zeller back for his Junior year?

I am going to have to go with VO. His ability to take over a ball game will be very hard to replace. With the recruiting class we have next year and assuming Hanner improves, I feel like Zeller is more replaceable than VO.

What do you think Hoosier fans?

Though call, I think Vic changes the game more than Cody. But Cody impacts the game without having to be involved in the play. I'm going to take the easy way out and say both...  But If you make me choose, I would want Vic back, that kid has serious motivation and drive.

That's a hard choice, Cody has had a cpl of off games but he's still one of the best. My choice would be Vic, he is definately the most improved player and brings so much to the game, if his heart were any bigger he'd need a bigger jersey, he plays with so much passion that I think he hypes up the rest of the team. Not sayin the others guys don't have heart, cause they definately do, he just brings it out in them.

Vic can't come back, well he can but, his stock is rising through the roof right now. I am gonna take Cody,for VIcs' sake. I think Vic should take the money while its there. Vic will also be finished with his degree after this year, so if he has an NBA chance he should take it. It would also give Cody one more year to improve.

I read some where, I THINK it was a Sports Illustraded article or maybe local news, not sure, that said Cody would be better off going pro now because even if he stayed another year his draft pick would stay the same, I don't know how true that is. I'll try to find the article and post it if I can

Would love them both to come back but cant blame either if they want to chase their dream and enter the draft.  They are both key to this teams success.  Vic should be talked about as player of the year in college basketball this year - biggest impact player i have seen this year!

From a fan perspective, I'd rather have VO back for his senior year than Cody for his Junior year. If you ask Coach Crean, I think he'd go with Cody HANDS DOWN. Oladipo has been amazing, & is a primary reason IU is 18-2, but he is way more replaceable than CZ.

Both are great players, and both probably leave :(

I think Cody's impact on this team has sort of an iceberg effect.  A lot of his impact on the court goes unseen or unnoticed.  Victor's energy and numbers are impressive, but Zeller's presence alone allows everything else to be possible in my opinion.  Vic has played better than Cody this season, but I think Cody still has yet to hit his potential while Vic is maximizing his.

Way more replaceable? You think that high motor with the skill set can be replaced easy? I'm not so sure. Can it be done, sure, but I think that Hanner paired with Luke and Noah will create a sort of MSU-like attack that will demand as much attention as CZ.

I think having Cody back would be great but with the new recruits and this years freshman having Dipo back would be great. I really feel like Vonleh has the potential to be better than Cody and attract as much of attention. Also with Perea, Luke, and possibly Jurkin (not likely to be great next year but definitely solid numbers off the bench) those 4 can take the load of Zeller.

I would rather see Cody come back, as I feel he still needs more seasoning before going pro........he needs to demand the ball more, needs to develop a jump hook or classic hook shot , and needs to be more active as a 1-on-1 post defender. Plus, I don't see anyone coming in with Cody's offensive capabilities anytime soon.

Oladipo is a game changer, no doubt, but his skill set is more easily found in a top 10 h.s. guard than Cody's skill set is in a top 50 center.........

The question i ask myself is this. if you take away Cody, who do we have elston? if you take away Victor we have sheehee and abel ...not saying they are as good as vic, but better then elston compared to Zeller

The question i ask myself is this. if you take away Cody, who do we have elston? if you take away Victor we have sheehee and abel ...not saying they are as good as vic, but better then elston compared to Zeller

This is as of right now. When we actually might lose them, we bring in Luke and Noah, not to mention Hanner will have had all of the off-season to work

I think Cody's impact on this team has sort of an iceberg effect.  A lot of his impact on the court goes unseen or unnoticed.  Victor's energy and numbers are impressive, but Zeller's presence alone allows everything else to be possible in my opinion.  Vic has played better than Cody this season, but I think Cody still has yet to hit his potential while Vic is maximizing his.

This^^

Vic is great, love his energy and is by far the most fun player on the team to watch. I don't think he can do what he does without Cody though. The defense and even offense has to worry about him, letting other opportunities to exist that otherwise wouldn't.

If I'm correct, IU is set to only have two guys over 6'8", assuming Cody leaves, on the roster next season. For that reason, I think the hole Oladipo would leave can be filled easier than if Cody leaves. Guys like Sheehey and others can do a nice job filling the void. I personally hate this current freshmen class of big men as well which makes it harder for me to be okay with Zeller leaving. 

If I'm correct, IU is set to only have two guys over 6'8", assuming Cody leaves, on the roster next season. For that reason, I think the hole Oladipo would leave can be filled easier than if Cody leaves. Guys like Sheehey and others can do a nice job filling the void. I personally hate this current freshmen class of big men as well which makes it harder for me to be okay with Zeller leaving. 

Why the hate?